• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sportarms 22lr/22 Mag revolver

JoshPutman

Make tar and feathers great again.
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2020
Michigan
I picked up this hopefully fun little plinker today. Sportarms Model 21s with both 22lr and 22 Mag cylinders. Made in West Germany. I did a little reading, and they never were very expensive.

I traded a SCCY pistol I'd won in a raffle, and got this revolver plus some ammo, so it didn't cost me anything but some time.

I just need to find some better grips for it than the hideous fake stag plastic ones. I've been wanting a 22 revolver for quite a while, and the price was right on this one, so I decided to take a chance on it so my son and I can have some fun with it.

20240128_003206.jpg
20240128_003109.jpg

I watched a YouTube video last night where a guy rebuilt one, and apparently this gun and a Rough Rider are practically identical in some respects. The grips are even interchangeable, which means I have lots of choices available.

I like that, because it means I don't have to make my own 😆

I already found a couple different sets I really like. Now to decide which ones, and get them ordered.

Reactions: Ranchhand
Fun.
I'm looking at heritage rough riders. Cheap 22 revolvers. Don't need one but they look fun.

They are. But the thing is they're so cheap you may as well get 2, one for each hand! Then you need another 1 or 2 for spare parts....

Reactions: Ranchhand