• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sportsmans challenge

calib

Private
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2012
Eastern Wa. And N. Idaho
We are currently working on putting a long range match together here in Eastern WA/ Northern Idaho. There will be animal shaped targets made of steel and some will have some plywood. The animals will most likely consist of prairie dogs, rabbits, crows, fox’s, bobcats and coyotes for the small game portion. Then the big game will consist of antelope, deer (mulie and whitetail), black bear, elk and maybe a moose. The ranges will go from 100-5 or 600 yards then 500-1000+. I think that this match should be a fun way to practice, hone or prove your skills when applying the long range practice to a hunting scenario. We all try as sportsman to make clean skills, so on the bobcats on up there will be steel swinging vitals. This will let the participant know he did make a good shot, it will also probably be worth more points in the match.

more recent info about this match

It looks like it is going to be held by Athol, Idaho in the Panhandle National Forest. I received the application for permits today. I have been corresponding with the officials in the forest service and looks like we will be good to go once we have the event insurance taken care of and get our application in. it will take two months for processing, but everything looks good with that.

I have been getting some positive responses from some companies that would like to help out with making this a fun match. I may post some names further down the road. I am still working on getting more. I have also been getting some people that are interested in helping with setting up running it and really just wanting to be involved along with lots of people who are interested in participating in this event.

I have a friend who has access to a cnc plasma cutter and I dropped of some steel to him, once he gets a program I n the mail he will have a bunch of shapes of animals that we can use for part of the targets. I am going to need to find some more steel. I am going to get some more of the 3/8" stuff this week and also pick up some 3/4" plywood for the larger targets we will have. I will need to try to find some decent 1/2" steel for our longer range targets where the larger more punishing calibers will be shot.

************One thing I am needing is a name for this match. Some of the stuff to keep in mind while thinking of one would be long range, hunting scenario with life sized animal targets (some with small precise areas on the target), we want to attract hunters that appreciate clean kills along with long range target shooters. The name of our website is longrangeshooter.com so think up something that sounds good. *************

******also we are going to have to start figuring out some dates to hold this match. with this we have to remember that the application takes 2 months to process so we won’t be doing anything in a month or probably even two, that puts us out at minimum may, also we won’t really be able to properly fill out the application with dates until we figure out a solid date. I would like to have a date figured out within two weeks by the latest. some time I would like to make this a bi annual event, but for the first time I would like to have a great turnout and see how everything goes before I try to plan a second match.******

If everyone interested could provide two good dates and/or a possible name for the match I would greatly appreciate it. This will get things rolling a bit better and also give us some info we will need for applications, sponsors to send things, people to plan this on their calendars.

Re: not tactical but fun

we have some good sponsors so far, should be some cool stuff for everyone that participates.

berger bullets
brownells
m2d camo
precision ballistics
water proof log books
and
huskemaw

Re: sportsmans challenge

looking like the sportmans challenge is going to be held the 2nd of june if you are interested in participating let me know