• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sportsmanship

Holy shit, that's sportsmanship right there. It's the sort of behavior we only see when a man recognizes that his true adversary isn't the man next to him, but rather that all the men on the track share a much greater enemy and that they are all in this together.

I certain will not bemoan the safety improvements of the past 40 years, but it does seem that a bit of the above spirit has been lost as Death makes less frequent appearances to the track.

I’ve seen this in countless ways and in many different disciplines. All types of racing and I mean all. It’s unspoken but being competitors comes second a lot of times especially in the amateur ranks. When you see it on a high, professional level it gets seen by more people which brings more attention to true sportsmanship which is never a bad thing.

Reactions: brianf

A bunch of guys from another driver's pit crew got to the car almost before it was stopped moving.
Incredible crash.
Racers may very well be the best at taking sportsmanship to the heroic extreme.

This is as good an example as any other

Rest in peace, Ayrton

The GOAT

Even as a Prost fanatic this was truly one of the best moments ever in F-1. The fact that he ran out on the track right into the middle of cars who didn't really even slow down much shows that at heart he was a good person. He was absolutely ruthless as a competitor; but when the chips were down like in this incident his action spoke. He was also very troubled Ratzenberger got killed. I remember Prost even made the comment about that; and the late Sid Watkins tried that Saturday to get him to quit racing that very day - sadly as we know, Senna was killed that next day.

I often wonder how many races Prost and Senna would have won had they had the reliability that Hamilton has had and the dominant car Schumacher had most of his career.