• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RATSACK

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Australia
Hi just trying to find out what kind of spotlights members here have mounted on their cars for night time hunting.
I am not to keen on making a hole in the roof of my car to fit one and was wondering what other options are available.

Re: Spotlights

i don't have one mounted but i run the Profiler II by Golight inc... best light i've ever, EVER used, runs about 45-1hr on one battery then only takes 2hrs recharge, i'm running two batt's so i have no down time, has a tripod mount on the bottom, swivel handle to hold 2 different positions, separate LED light for when you don't need the searchlight beam, the beam is amazing, utilizing the NXT bluefusion technology, it is spendy... but like i say, you get what u pay for!!!

GE 250w 13v aircraft landing light bulb, fits perfectly inside the older Q-Beam housing.
here

You'll need to power it some other way than through your cigarette lighter plug. They don't like this bulb, it's too manly for them I guess.

LIGHTFORCE LIGHTS !

the only way to go ... Grin

http://www.lightforce.net.au/products/portable-systems

use the handhelds, the new HID light and the scope mounted.
grin.gif

Sendero man turned me towards the NF lights, and I lend my others out to buddies. The Lightforce stays on my gun,period. Well unless the wife wants to use that gun lol.

I would like to try a new one, but totally satisfied with the Light force.

Go look at Fenix lights. I have seen several and own 2. One runs on AA's and throws 880 lumens on high seems to last forever. The other runs on 4 rechargeable D's that throws 2,200 lumens on high. This is the brightest light of any kind that is hand held I have ever seen. It went about 5 or 6 hours on high before the batteries needed to be recharged. A buddy introduced me to these. Google fenix and take a look you will not be let down.

Thanks for the input guys.
I was just wondering how good the HID lights are compared to a normal spotlight beam do they reach out as far?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input guys.
I was just wondering how good the HID lights are compared to a normal spotlight beam do they reach out as far? </div></div>

If I could afford to upgrade all 3 of my lights to the HID, I would. Light is incredible. Truer white and the it coupled with the red lens is better too!

GO LIGHTS are the shit!!! They havemag mounts with 360 degree rotation that you can operate with a wireless remote, very bright... a couple different models to choose from.

This might not be exactly what you're looking for. But my neighbor had one and I had to get it. I could see coyotes at 600 yards through a scope. Good enough to take a shot. If you already have Ryobi tools, might just work for $50.00. Pretty easy to throw in a pack.

Ryobi light

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input guys.
I was just wondering how good the HID lights are compared to a normal spotlight beam do they reach out as far? </div></div>

If I could afford to upgrade all 3 of my lights to the HID, I would. Light is incredible. Truer white and the it coupled with the red lens is better too! </div></div>

Would the red lens cut down on your lights range somewhat?
or is the main reason for it not to spook the game that you are hunting.
Thanks

I use to lug around batteries but then I found a simpler solution, don't get out of the truck. Course, I usually only hunt hogs so this works for me.