• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotter 60 reticle focus

rdbse

Private
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2012
Nashville, TN
I have a Hensoldt Spotter 60 and the eyepiece does not adjust the reticle focus. The manual states the reticle pattern can be focused by turning the eyepiece. I can turn the eyepiece and rubber eye guard but nothing happens.

The reticle is fine at 40 power and over, but seems a little blurring at lower powers. The main focus adjustment ring works fine.

Anyone familiar with this?

I have a Hensoldt Spotter 60 and the eyepiece does not adjust the reticle focus. The manual states the reticle pattern can be focused by turning the eyepiece. I can turn the eyepiece and rubber eye guard but nothing happens.

The reticle is fine at 40 power and over, but seems a little blurring at lower powers. The main focus adjustment ring works fine.

Anyone familiar with this?
When I first bought my Leupold GR HD the focus wheels were very tight where it had been sitting in the shop, So maybe the grease on the threads in yours has stiffened up like mine did, once it moves all is well.

hope that helps.

You have to hold the mag ring and turn the part in front (eyepiece)

It sucks, it's hard, but you can turn it, or you should be able to, if I remember you have to bury the magnification opposite so you can turn it

Reactions: mako15
You have to hold the mag ring and turn the part in front (eyepiece)

It sucks, it's hard, but you can turn it, or you should be able to, if I remember you have to bury the magnification opposite so you can turn it

Hi
So for clarification.
The spotter 60 has a magnification ring with the main focus ring behind it (20m to infinite)
and a seperate adjustment system to focus the reticle?

Yep. I figured it out. You can rotate the small diameter eyepiece. The part between the main focus ring and rubber eyeguard that contracts and extends when you adjust the main focus. Mine was a little stiff. Now its working great.

Reactions: Eostech
Yep. I figured it out. You can rotate the small diameter eyepiece. The part between the main focus ring and rubber eyeguard that contracts and extends when you adjust the main focus. Mine was a little stiff. Now its working great.

Thank you.
Mine was more than a little stiff, and took a fair anoumt of effort to shift.
brought the spotter second hand so no manual

Just got the same spotter here and have similar question. The manual didn’t address the issue. Thank you guys for the help.