• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Spotter help

Bpop208

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2022
Washington
Looking for some advice on a spotting scope. Currently looking at the Athlon Ares G2 15-45x65 cause I heard the quality is amazing and it’s between the viper and razor from vortex but doesn’t come with the high price tag. Had a guy send me some videos of his Argos spotter with a phone skope and it looked crisp enough that you could size deer at 800 yards no problem. Any advice on which route to go? Wanting something I can use for the next few years but trying to keep my budget healthy for hunting this fall.

The spotter will be used for hunting and for shooting out to 1000 yards on steel. Any recommendations or if you want to sell let’s make a deal.

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments. Please speak with me or Neil.
Do you mind posting advice on here I’m just getting on shift and won’t be able to call but I’ll have my phone here and there to look! Thanks Doug.

Looking for some advice on a spotting scope. Currently looking at the Athlon Ares G2 15-45x65 cause I heard the quality is amazing and it’s between the viper and razor from vortex but doesn’t come with the high price tag. Had a guy send me some videos of his Argos spotter with a phone skope and it looked crisp enough that you could size deer at 800 yards no problem. Any advice on which route to go? Wanting something I can use for the next few years but trying to keep my budget healthy for hunting this fall.

The spotter will be used for hunting and for shooting out to 1000 yards on steel. Any recommendations or if you want to sell let’s make a deal.
Have you looked at Leupold Mk 4, 12-40? You can get it w a mil reticle which I think is very handy and if former or current mil or LEO they have a great discount program the call their VIP. save you LOTS of $$.

Last edited:
Do you mind posting advice on here I’m just getting on shift and won’t be able to call but I’ll have my phone here and there to look! Thanks Doug.
There's many things to discuss to narrow down what would be best for you.
In the under $1,000 Spotters the best are Athlon Ares and Leupold SX-4 series spotters. Size, weight, objective size, straight, angled, etc should be discussed to narrow down to the right one.

Reactions: Average guy

Kowa 880 or 99 Series. Been behind an 883 for a while now.

Best of luck with your search

Kejth

Reactions: Rapidaffliction
@gr8fuldoug at Cameralandny is a straight up good guy. It’s worth calling him and getting the product you need. And you won’t beat the price.

As everyone has suggested @gr8fuldoug is your best bet here.

Btw, I have a Viper HD 15-45 HD that was sent back to where my wife purchased it. To my opinion, The Vortex hype is hype. Disappointed in this scope but I also didn’t have any input when she bought it for me because it was an anniversary gift. Good luck
MIC ... It's not that they can't make good stuff... It's that they DONT WON'T TO... the Japanese want both parties to be happy..., And themselves to be proud that they've done a great job... The chinese just want to pawn their crap off on you, to get your money; to fund their world ownership takeover program....