• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotter: Konus or Bushnell Legend?

strat81

Misanthropic Realist
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2009
Hamilton County, Nebraska
I asked this over on ARF and didn't hear much back, so I'll try here.
smile.gif

I'm considering these two spotting scopes:

Konus Konuspot 20-60x80

and

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 20-60x80

I'd appreciate some feedback and guidance. The most demanding use I realistically foresee in the near-future is .22 and .30 cal holes at 200 yards, but being able to do better is always nice. This will be at a bench, not lugged into the field. There is a 600 yard range close by where I'm an RSO, so I might take it out there. Someday. Maybe.

The Konus has a track record as THE budget spotter to get. The Bushnell is relatively new and thus there is comparatively little info out there about it. The Optics Planet guys seem to like it. But, it's also in a higher price class than the Konus.

The Konus is comfortably in my budget and the Bushnell is stretching it. I understand I'll have to get a quality tripod, possibly/probably a Manfrotto, so I'm taking that cost into account too. I may be able to score the Bushnell for $400.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks in advance.