• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes spotter reticle ?

Re: spotter reticle ?

It depends on many variables....I will tell you that if it is a variable power scope, the best you could hope for is a reticle that is only good at a single power.
John III

I have seen a reticle in a Swarovski spotter, however it was a foreign military unit and my understanding is, Swarovski will not touch it here. so the answer is, at last look, no, no one makes a reticle commercially available for the Swarovski.

What needs to be done is a reticle needs to be added to an eye piece much like the Zeiss used to do. But no one is upgrading the eye pieces I have heard about.

There was a post running around about someone doing something to Kowa spotters, but I have yet to see it, although there were hints that it did exist.

Yeah it is a 20x to 60x. Would not mind having to use 60x power if we had the reticle. Trying to keep my partner from taking a sharpie to the lens. Thanks for the info.

John, if your listening, there's an opportunity here for an optical company that would upgrade a eyepiece and install a reticle.

I'd love it if someone would take one of my fixed power Pentax eyepieces and install a mil reticle.

While the optical quality isn't on par with Swarovski, Horus puts their H36 reticle in a Leupold spotter and its set up to work on all magnifications. It even has a reticle on the side in MOA. A little busy, but it comes in really handy.

I'm sure you tried the same but a quick google search didn't come up with anything re: retrofitting your Swaro.

I did see an 80mm Optolyth with a mildot reticle on it recently at IOR-Valdada's place. If I remember it was on a fixed 60x eyepiece. Very clear, very bright as we were looking a a high tension tower that was 400+ yds out. You could see the details on the surface of the tower structure very well. In the $2K range with their HD glass. One might be able to save a few $$ going with the non-HD version but the contrast was extremely good with the HD glass. I have to think that the same resolution and contrast that makes your Swaro (and I believe the Optolyth that I saw) so popular with the birding crowd would help in spotting .223 hits at LR.

We are extremely lucky to have the swarovski. It was donated to my dept. and the glass is the best I have seen on a spotter. We are changing our rifle scopes from moa to mil turrets and the mil spotter would really help. Anyone looked thru the bushnell? I know it won't be the same as the swarovski, but we could probably swing 400$ if it's decent. Thanks

*** Disregard, just found the review from lowligt.