• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spotting a fake Zeiss Conquest

rdl65

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
TN
Just wondering if anyone has heard of fake Zeiss Conquest scopes? How do you tell if a scope is a fake?

Re: Spotting a fake Zeiss Conquest

Quality of glass would be my first concern and a giveaway on a zeiss it should be bright and crystal clear. If this is not the case I would be concerned. Never heard of this on any brand of scope but I suppose its possible someone could try it. Did you buy it from a reputable seller? You could also send it to me for inspection and test firing as I have a home for it.

If you have indeed purchased a scope that you think may be a fake, call Zeiss @ 1-800-441-3005 ext 4# and give them the serial # and see if they know what scope it is.

I've heard about fake zeiss conquests. I had to send a conquest in for warranty work a few years ago, and the tech I spoke with on the phone verified that from time to time they recieved fake zeiss conquest scopes in to their warranty department... but other than them not being the same quality, I would think finding one for a "hell of a deal" would be your first clue it's a fake.

If anyone knows where they are being sold, we'd like to buy one for our reference collection. Most of the fake optics we have already bought are from eBay and usually come shipped from China.

I haven't bought one yet. I was just looking around on Ebay and was wondering if there was anything in particular I should watch for.

Nuthins free - if you're getting a deal on a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Zeiss</span></span> that's just a little too good...

I haven't heard about fake Zeiss scope but Leupold is another story.

I hadn't heard anything about Zeiss either but I have heard about fake Leupolds also. This kinda got me wondering.