• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting/RO’ing best practices

Strike_out

MoKnucker Deluxe
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2017
South Eastern WYO
Need some help with spotting. I have found that making good calls for your buddy is hard. Being behind the spotting scope is tougher than the trigger sometimes.

ROing is also stressful. Either local match situation where it’s the guy on deck calling hits or even more so if you volunteer to be an official match RO. Guys say best way to see how a big match runs is to RO but without some training or at least some etiquette lessons I would be hesitant.

Very good heads up I’m sure the shooter trying to game the RO is a hard one to deal with. I was told a story at a match not too long ago.
This guy in my squad was a stage RO at the snipers hide cup a while back.
A stage sponsor who was also shooting tried to game his own stage against the “spirit” of the stage and had it out with the RO in front of everybody

The above story sounds wrong, like a game of telephone,

Our sponsored stages were not really shot by stage sponsors, what I think you are referring too was a shooter who got into it with a sponsor who was an RO, he had that Company logo and name on his shirt and didn't know the RO was the company owner.

I think it's probably a revisionist retelling because it was quite embarrassing to tell the shooter he was arguing with the owner of the company who he worn on his Jersey, yet he did not know who he was even talking too

Lots of telephone, so I agree, it’s always off by the time a guy hears it told at a match a couple years later. Like I said I heard it as a story bullshiting waiting for a stage....

I agree that an RO would have to watch for getting gamed and that a little vigilance is probably necessary. Podcast has me trained up. Thanks