• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting Scope For .223 Bullet Splatters At 500 Yards ?

Turkeytider

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2022
Georgia
Guys, I know Kowa will be recommended, but I`m a " Poor " and need to stay in a 300-500 dollar range. Don`t need to see bullet holes, just impact splatters for .223 rounds on large white targets well enough to adjust for smaller gong targets at 500 yards. Maybe 600. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Find some used BX4 12x50’s, you can get them for $400 or so and can see 223 hits on steel at 500 no problem. They won’t be absolute shit to use like a similarly priced spotter either.

Reactions: R_A_W
Used Bushnell Forge 15x56 can be had in the $350 range and will excel in your requirements.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the input. Hadn`t really thought about binocs, but why not? If they could mount on a table top tripod, might just be the thing.

I have a pair of Athalon g2 chronus 15x56 binos I use and they are surprisingly clear. I picked up a voucher for 250 off on a prize table and almost didn’t buy them bc I thought they were going to be cheap but they’re really nice.

Lowlight uses an iPhone propped up close to the target, right up until he shot a hole through it. I wish I would have saved those pictures.

Man I've been really happy with my Bushnell Legend T. 15-45x60. It does really good at that range and a little further and with the triad tactical case it just works easy and sets up well and is easy to control. They pop up here from time to time in that range. That Leupold Alpine that Doug will sell you is also a good option I'm sure.

Last edited:
If you can stretch it the 15x56 MPED Binos w/reticle would be great for extended viewing: https://www.bushnell.com/binoculars/ed-prime-glass/match-pro-ed-15x56-binoculars/BU-BMP1556G.html

The 15-45x60 T Series spotter w/reticle would also be a good one and closer to the budget. Not sure if you qualify for VIP but check the drop-downs here: https://www.bushnell.com/vip-program

1700082991248.png