• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Spotting Scope stand

rlesinszki

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2009
Georgia
I am a newbie that want's to attend a "sniper challenge" event in the Atlanta area and I am curious what would be recommended for a spotting scope stand for this event? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

Re: Spotting Scope stand

Rick,
I've found a good mid sized Manfrotto/Bogen tripod works great for me. There's a vast variety;
http://www.manfrotto.com/Jahia/site/manfrotto/cache/offonce/lang/en/pid/1799?categoryKey=BRAND:MN:MAIN:AA:SUB1:AA:SUB2:AA&livid=68|69&lsf=69&child=2

If I have to use it shooting prone I reverse the center and have my spotting scope hanging down. If I'm (or anyone else) sitting in a chair it's used like a regular tripod.

The "usual" flat based used by many is limited and I personally don't care if I'm like everyone else.

The legs on the Giraud stand fold up, not down, so I don't think this stand can be used on a sloped surface.

+1 on the ray-vin tactical spotting scope stand. Using for everything from hi-power comps to field use. Very scaleable depending on the application...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This looks like a robust tripod on the Zeiss Spotter 60:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1188441</div></div>

I've been looking for a tripod like the one on this Zeiss spotter. Anyone know the name and/or where one could be obtained? I don't believe it was mentioned in the thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SubMOA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take a look at Ray-vin tripod...

http://www.ray-vin.com/ </div></div>

I use these stands and they work great. He is a great guy to boot.

Not sure what your events entail. The Ray-Vins are beautiful stands for prone shooting: but they are heavy. If you are doing an athletic shooting tourney where you have to hike around, I would not choose the Ray-Vin.....then again I probably wouldn't bring a spotter at all. Ray vin it is.....lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: platypus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick,

Here are some options you may be interested in and they add some versatility to your kit with the ability to fulfill several mission requirements.

Check out the website:
Precision Rifle Solutions
If you have any questions please feel free to call 281-541-1549 email: [email protected] or PM here.

Take care,

Danel </div></div>

looks great and a Texas Co. even better!!