• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spotting Scope Tripod???

Hubbard

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
Colleyville, TX
I am looking for a tripod that is heavy enough to be stable and also gets low enough to use in the prone position. I would also like is to be small enough to be reasonable for field use. Stability is key, I don't want something that the wind will shake.

Any advice or options would be much appreciated. I have a Manfrotto which is awesome for the KD range, but to heavy and big for field use and the prone position. It weighs 12 pounds.

Thanks again

Hubbard

Re: Spotting Scope Tripod???

I have small and lightweight tripod that is made by platypus here on the Hide.
Here is a pic of mine:
DSC00727.jpg

The cradle that is holding the rifle is removeable and a spotter can be attached. Its a sturdy little piece of equipment, my rifle tops out at about 16lbs, plus it fits in my range bag with ease. Not to mention platypus is great to deal with, he will take care of you just shoot him a PM.

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. We try very hard to insure that we offer good kit that subscribes to the KISS rule and will provide shooters an option to help them be successful at a reasonable price. We have been working hard to get up to speed with a revamped website (no easy chore for a cop who is computer challenged) and hopefully we will be able to kick it off in the next ten days or so. We are also looking to add a few new options and upgraded tripods.

Hubbard,

I will send you a PM with my contact information so that I can get you the information and specs on our tripods and cradles.

If anyone should have any questions please do not hesitate to PM, email [email protected] , or call my cell phone 281-541-1549.

Take care and be safe,

Danel

20t2lqf.jpg

i just got my new tripod setup from precision rifle solutions, it was a great transaction, dan was very helpful on the phone, the web site purchase worked well and the shipping was very quick [i ordered it 2 days ago and got it today], thanks dan

i took my new tripod out to the range yesterday and shot my sako trg 338lm and 7wsm [mcmil a5 stock], the tripod and cradle worked very well [i had it set at lowest height, 6 inches, it was very stable] thanks again to platypus...