• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting scope

Duffy1298

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Jacksonville
Never had a spotting scope, I really want one though. Just getting serious about distance shooting and i feel it would be extremely helpful. Just curious as to the spotting scopes you gents are using, or better yet, what you'd recommend. Im not made of coin either, so Im looking for "bang for the buck" if you can understand what I'm going for here. I don't need the best on the market, just a good scope. Thank you guys.

Re: Spotting scope

Knowing a couple of key things first will help out this discussion immensely, including:

1) what is your total budget (spotter, eyepiece if not included with the spotter body, tripod, etc.)?;

2) What features would you like to have? (i.e. - fixed or variable magnification; what magnification or magnification range are you wanting/needing; etc.)

Spotters are like everything else when it comes to precision rifle shooting...there are tons of options (some good...some, well, not so good) at all sorts of price ranges from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. Obviously, based on your post above, you aren't wanting to go too expensive, but that still leaves a LOT of room for guessing what you have to work with and what your particular needs might be.

Re: Spotting scope

Well lets see. Id like variable power, I already have a tripod, i think a 60x max is probably what Id like, and maybe 4-500$ range?