• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting scopes under $2200

velvetant

The winds fault
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Northern Nevada
What spotter would you recommend at that price and under?
Looking for magnification around 15-45 65mm or 20-60 85mm.
All I seem to be able to find and look through locally are vortex Razor and they look nice.
Very hesitant to order something I can't look through before buying.
Uses will be long range marmot, varmints, long range steel out to 1400, general target shooting.
Thanks

Last edited:
I know you’re asking for a spotter, but for this use, swaro 15x56 slc are tough to beat.

What spotter would you recommend at that price and under?
Looking for magnification around 15-45 65mm or 20-60 85mm.
All I seem to be able to find and look through locally are vortex Razor and they look nice.
Very hesitant to order something I can't look through before buying.
Uses will be long range marmot, varmints, long range steel out to 1400, general target shooting.
Thanks
Buy from B&H photo. If you don't like it, they will give you a full refund no questions asked.

Thanks everybody
Already have a very nice set of binoculars, now want a nice spotting scope.
Think I settled on the Meopta S2 82 HD over the Kowa 883, not sure yet if I want the 20-70 or 30-60wa eyepiece.
Did most of my research on the bird watching forum, those people are picky.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody
Already have a very nice set of binoculars, now want a nice spotting scope.
Think I settled on the Meopta S2 82 HD over the Kowa 883, not sure yet if I want the 20-70 or 30-60wa eyepiece.
Did most of my research on the bird watching forum, those people are picky.
20180617_183116.jpg

Taken with phone through Meopta S2, Cabelas version.

Reactions: velvetant
Good Choice!!! the Meopta Meostar S2 20-70 is what I got. I was simply blown away with clearly seeing grouping at 600 yards on a white paper target from tiny 6.5 CM bullets....congrats. I wonder if they can produce a eyepiece with yet a higher magnification

Last edited: