• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotting scopes

fishwalker

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
I'm looking at a spotting scope I was trying to keep it under 1000 I have about 800 dollars in gift cards from amazon. I was looking at the vortex viper hd and was wondering is there that much difference between the viper hd and the razor hd spotting scope I don't mind putting the extra money in if it is worth it . Or does anybody have any other suggestion for that price range. Thanks for everything I'm just getting started in long range and I trying to get my gear together then take a few classes. I'm not sure if it matters about the distance but I have access to a 1000 yard range

I really like my athlon ares 20-60 spotter. It comes in right at $800 and seems to be very clear for the price.

You can find the Gen 1 Razor Spotters around your price point pretty often. In my opinion there is a substantial difference between the viper and razor.