• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes spr scope choices

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
I'm looking for suggestions on optics for a 16" spr build. Im looking for something in the 2-10 range in second focal plane. And I would like something with decent turrets, doesn't really matter mil or moa. And I would like to keep it under $1000.

The only ones that I have really found are the Sig whiskey 5, and Leupold vx-5hd. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I wanna say gen i viper pst 2-10 is 2nd focal plane, but i can't remember for sure. There has been a big shift to ffp, so it may be hard to find what you're looking for. Maybe leupold mk4? They are 3.5-10 though i think.

NF would be the top choice, and should be found at that price range very lightly used. A used Leupold 2.5-8 MK4, or a 3.5-10 would also work, depending on your preferences. An SWFA 3-9 might also fit the bill.

I have a NF on one build, and an SWFA 3.5-15 on another. Both work well.

The nightforce 2-10x32 looks to be about perfect. I was kind of hoping that someone had some good reviews on the whiskey 5. Seems like it has a lot of features at a good price point.

Ive got two of the Vortex PST Gen II 2-10 and love them. Wayyyy better than first gen. FFP. One is on my SPR, an 18" seekins barreled, frankenn-AR.

Now you guys have me thinking about giving a ffp scope another try. I had a ffp scope a few years ago, and I just couldn't get used to the reticle on lower magnification. I use all my rifles for coyote calling, so the lower magnification is a must.

Thanks for all the suggestions, it has definitely given me more options that I didn't think of.