• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SPR w/ D-760 Gen 3 autogated Litton

salmonaxe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2007
Lynnwood, WA
So far this nightvision is working pretty good. Able to hit a 45% IPSC at midnight with no moon and cloud cover at 175yds. Probably could go double that. Especially if I repainted my target. (It was bare steel.) At 11:30pm was able to make out a 14"x22" steel at 730yds no illumination. It had a good dirt background and was still painted. Very visible. Tried with PEQ-15 and the illuminator could see a 100% IPSC at 930yds no problem. I think people understate the illumination capabilities of the PEQ-15.

I couldn't hit any of the far stuff since my reticle didn't have enough subtension. Wish the turrets were target turrets so if I did dial them, I could track the amount of turns easier. Of course spotting my misses would be next to impossible, but it would have been fun to try.

Still it was really cool. It was interesting to note moonrise and moonset and the altitude degree of the moon. Just knowing the phase of the moon isn't enough to predict how much light you're going to have. Also, I noted that low cloud cover combined with high cloud cover in deep forest is probably as pitch black as it can get.(Previous outing) Low cloud cover in light forest with no moon was lightyears better visibility. Basically there's always some reason for an IR illuminator. Really want a PEQ-15!

Re: SPR w/ D-760 Gen 3 autogated Litton

Very Nice set up. And very interesting info.

Re: SPR w/ D-760 Gen 3 autogated Litton

That is pretty awesome!