• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Spraying a web pattern?

Re: Spraying a web pattern?

Like this?

salestuff001.jpg

use this http://www.krylon.com/products/webbing_spray/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a customer who wants a web pattern like the HS and Bell&Carlson stock. Is there a special gun or what is the technique? </div></div>

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

No special gun, but there is a trick to it.

What you need is called "webbing solution". You can buy it from most of the mail order fiberglass supply vendors. It's used primarily with Gel coat to deliver a non glare/non skid finish to boat stuff.

Super cheap, about $30/gal and a gallon would do prolly close to 2000 stocks. It don't take much.

Mix your paint as you normally would. You can add up to 50%/volume of the webbing solution.

Play with it first as there's a trick to the application. Just fiddle fart with your air/volume/pattern and the amount of stand off from the part being sprayed.

It will alter the tone of the pigment a tiny bit. It picks up a little gloss too so consider this ahead of time.

You get one, maybe TWO passes at the most. You can't keep layering the stuff on, otherwise it ruins the effect.

Hope this helps and good luck.

CLEAN YOUR GUN immediately afterward using wash thinner or acetone. You'll want to tear it apart and scrub it as the stuff acts like silly string.

Hanging/orienting your stock makes a big difference as does controlling the overspray. You can cobweb your paint booth in a hurry with this chit. It can also ruin a paint job that looks great if the stuff is floating around inside your booth.

A little water on the walls/floor helps.

C.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CleanMoostang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bukkake pattern... </div></div>

Thanks jerk, I just shot coffee all over my monitor!

That was awesome!
bowdown.gif

Chad please tell that is my 7 mm rem mag.