• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Springfield 10X56 Government

ESSAYONS

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Realize these are old and no longer made. I have one; been in a closet for 7 years and now on my new .308 PSS. Has anyone had problems- so far she shoots quite well-at 100yds .5''. Have been advised by others to trash it.

Anybody else have one- if so what has been your experience?

Re: Springfield 10X56 Government

Mine has held up for almost a decade, most were fine, some people got a crap one.

They are hit and miss (literally)!

Run a search and you'll find several Springfield Armory Scope threads from the last few months, including one from earlier this week.

I had a great one. I sold it here to fund a USO purchase.
Had good jap glass but the internal bubble level was slightly off. Even so I once you figured out the bubble it was perfect. Tracked precisely and return to zero. A good scope. Worth the $ I paid for it.

Mine tracked ok, glass was ok and the bubble level was off by a mile. All in all, much better than throwing rocks.

Tracking = say you dial elevation for 800 yards and a bunch of windage, hopefully when you dial turrets back down to 100 yards (or ? zero you have) your back where they should be.