• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield 700 BASR

Altoonabcm157

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
New jersey
Checking on info for a friend interested in one of these. I haven’t heard of them and it looks like a rebranded rem 700 in a McMillan stock. He’s looking to pay close to 3k for one. Anyone know anything about these or has heard of them?

If memory serves it’s a Remington 700 sold to SAI with their markings. Assembly was done in there custom shop, how many were built I haven’t a clue couldn’t have been many.

If memory serves it’s a Remington 700 sold to SAI with their markings. Assembly was done in there custom shop, how many were built I haven’t a clue couldn’t have been many.
Thanks for the info, I couldn’t find anything on them but the price seemed steep unless it’s something special.

Yea, it’s different in a unique way just not special. The rifle you’re looking at was from 88ish time frame. Its a nice looking rifle but IMHO not worth the jingle without glass, I want too say SAI had these available until 91/92ish time frame?