• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield M1A JAE stock

Gildoom

Alex Rogan Starshipgunner
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
The wait for my stock was around 4 months, Lisa gave updates and suggested mods for the stock to help its resale as well. They are very good people, highly impressed.

The rifle is a great shooter, the biggest fear I had was some advice you all, and I forget the gal here who months ago warned me to ensure the scope mount would work... Texgal? Sorry! But thanks for that info, my receiver made the grade and ended the stress. I ended up with a Smith Enterprise, putting that on I think is the hardest thing, squaring to the centerline of the barrel. What I did was put a piece of stock into the barrel, made that my reference point, got the mount squared to that line. Seems to work really well, and did not take that much work in getting that plane squared. I do not think you can just simply slap it on, and the directions given were good, just I think my system for squaring is a tad more accurate.

I put my Leupold Mark 4 on it, and might I add the scope mounting info on this website is FANTASTIC. I don't care if I take a scope off and move it to another weapon now, its amazing how simple feeler gauges made that process go so smoothly.

The other thing I did, was got the Knight Arms software for the iphone, put in my Hornady ammo, little tweaking and it is NUTS how nice it is. Since I am a simple civilian that still doesn't understand MOA numbers at range, it gives the answers in "clicks" (make sure you have 1/4 selected) and it is idiot proof. Went out, sighted the rifle in at 100 yards, plugged in the 600 yard plate with all atmo/wind/ele data, missed the plate by 6 inches (guessed the wind) 3 more clicks bang bang bang. My ammo is Hornady Custom 308 WIN 150gr SST Interlock, I am not going to reload for this rifle, the slam fire article that came with the gun cured me of that idea. I know the Military uses a tad heavier round, but this works quite well for me. <shrug>

Just wish my father in law who passed away to cancer last summer and qualified years ago in the Army with this rifle could have shot it.

With all this said, the gun is VERY heavy, not a big deal to me, however, if you had to walk around in Iraq or worse, Afghanistan, I think this would get pretty damn annoying. But, the stock is not going to break, or is it going to let you down. Example of weight, I have the Remington Sendero II SFS and it is NOT as heavy as this rifle by a wide margin. My brother was in the USCG and their boot camp rifle were M1s with lead filled barrel/actions, he said it feels not quite that heavy but close. Of course this weight is a trade off, you get almost no kick, but I have the muzzle brake too.

After all of this is said, do I think this is better than an AR 308? No clue. Price in the end was pretty damn high. Stock with options was around 1000 bucks. Rifle was 1400 bucks after tax. Mount was 275 Bucks. So you are kinda close to the cost of a really nice 308 in an AR platform, its up to you I guess, after all, isn't that the way it should be?

M1Astockfrontofhouse.jpg

Re: Springfield M1A JAE stock

Copycat!!!

Not really nice stick

+1 for the JAE 4 month wait
+1 for it weighing 20 lbs
+1 for the smith mount
+1 for the feeler gauge technique
+1 for great service / support from JAE

Heres mine...