• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield M21 T what can I do to do it justice?

Katty

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2010
FL
Just bought stock a M21 Tactical with the Krieger barrel etc. in mint condition. No rounds through it but I need a scope and all the dress it up stuff. Going to keep the original stock.
I'm going to be shooting longer and shorter distances with it, want it to be comfortable and use the best possible equiptment on it without being stupid. Don't mind spending if it's worth it.

This one's a keeper.

Re: Springfield M21 T what can I do to do it justice?

we definitely need pictures of this M21...

Wish I could but I can't at the moment...
It's the one on the Springfield site, the M21 Tactical rifle.

Comes plain without a by pod, scope.
Real nice piece.

Sadlak or other quality mount, LOW rings, good 50mm scope since you'll have plenty of clearance, quality reloading gear.

I won't be reloading myself..
50mm..
I have to check into the scopes, I don't like them to low, always thought they wee ill fitting if they are to low.

Is there a pad or cheek protector I can mount on that adjustable stock that's a quality piece?
I'd like to see some that were dressed up. Anyone have any pics??

Thought the M21 came with an adjustable cheek piece.

You can go wit ha Springfield Gen 3 mount to save some cash, looks real cool with the twist knobs on the left side.
Couple that with some high rings and 56mm scope and a Law483 tall strap on pillow rest in your choice of marpat, acu, or standard solid colors and you'll have a rig folks will really look at.
The AR15.com folks should have skads of pics.

Older thread, but wondering what the OP decided on or is still deciding?

I finished my M21 just after loosing my job. So there wasn't money coming in for the optics. My desire is to, somewhere down the road, buy a USO 1.8-10 Tpal. Lets face it the M21 is a large heavy rifle. Putting on a huge scope looks like a top mounted rocket launcher. 50mm or larger scopes with the lowest rings possible doesn't allow you to use the irons at all with the scope mounted. Taller rings gives an already high profiled weapon an even higher profile. The 37mm tpal or up to the 44mm ergo in the USO line-up should be able to mount low and still have the irons as options on a popular Sadlak mount or Smith mounts.

Just something to consider, if you still are that is.