• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield MIA NM price check

Andybull

Minuteman
Sep 17, 2006
South Carolina
I've owned since new a Springfield M1A NM, with a walnut stock and scope mount that I purchased in the early 80's. I put maybe 40 rounds thru it and have kept it in the safe since. What is this rifle worth? I'm thinking I might want to offer it on a partial trade for an SR-25.

Thanks,

Andy

Re: Springfield MIA NM price check

Ive seen a few nice early NM M1A's in the USGI pattern walnut stock go in the $1600-$1800 range. With today's market I'd hold out for the high end of that range or a little more.

Then again, the guy with the SR-25 is thinking the same thing...

I have an older NM rifle also it has mainly USGI parts. I don't know what its worth. Mine has a scope mount and rings with NSN numbers but no manufacture info. Krieger SS barrel on it now and it has been tuned to shoot M118LR by someone who specializes in them and I also have a McMillan stock also. Both the Walnut and the McMillan have been bedded. I have had it so long I have less than $1500 in everything. I think I only paid $600 for the rifle.

Current going rate for a NM with GI parts seems to have stabilized out around $2100 for a Walnut stock and $2500 for a McMillian fiberglass stock. I bought a walnut stock M1A NM made in 1985 for $1700 6 months ago, current situation an hysteria has driven prices up about 15%. This is only my opinion, in some area it may be a little more or a little less. Any parts that are not GI, i.e. barrel, bolt operating rod, etc will detract from the price. Check the barrel markings in the op rod opening, should have a date and a maker, if that is a GI NM barrel you are good to go. Super matches (rear lugged receiver) are a few hundred more, current wait from Springfield for a new one is 8 months.

I have the gun in SC. I'll check the markings when I go there next week.