• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield TRP Armory Kote

tim68

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2007
Lone Star State
I'm looking at getting one of these 1911's pretty soon. For those of you that have one, how do you like it. Does it warrant the $1500-1600 price tag. Good quality, lack of feed issues, and accurate is what I'm shooting for.

Thanks.

Re: Springfield TRP Armory Kote

They are great guns, however if you shop around you can find them for about $1300 to $1400

I bought a Springfield TRP Tactical a while back for $1300 new. It's by far the most accurate pistol 'out of the box' I've ever shot. I'm not the best pistol shooter on the block, but I was able to group 5" 5rd groups consistently with it. If a TRP is what you're looking into, you will not be disappointed.

I've had my TRP for sometime now. I polished the feed ramp and replaced the FLGR to the Ed Brown GI recoil plug setup. Its worked well and is very accurate. I'd love to get another one with the rail.

Cut

Shop around and get it cheaper. I don't personally feel that it's worth $1600 but I would pay up to $1300 or so. Very nice gun at the price point. You can find the stainless version for about $1K sometimes.

There's a NIB stainless TRP tactical on gunbroker right now for $1100 buy-it-now and I doubt Armory Kote is worth an additional $500. As to the gun itself, I've never had any issues with any of my SA 1911's, they all run flawlessly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There's a NIB stainless TRP tactical on gunbroker right now for $1100 buy-it-now and I doubt Armory Kote is worth an additional $500. As to the gun itself, I've never had any issues with any of my SA 1911's, they all run flawlessly. </div></div>
That's a good deal. You could always get it coated by someone, and still it would be less than most go for

For the $1100 - $1300 mark, they are worth it. When you start talking $1400 - $1600, you are getting into the Les Baer market, which is a substantially better pistol at that price.

TRP's are essentially Loaded models with frontstrap checkering. They ask a premium for them, but you can find them at reasonable prices if you look hard enough.

I bought one about five months ago for 1179 + tax from a local gunshop should be able to get a better deal than 1300 if you look around. The gun has done well at the pratical handgun matches I shot with it. The only problems I have had was with some of my reloads (which were my first 100 ever of .45 acp). The gun has run flawlessly with all store brought ammo. Havn't set down and just shoot to see how it groups, but looking at the target at the matches I do have some doubles touching each other.

I had one at one time. It was very accurate. I felt that the finish was not as durable as I had hoped though.

In addition, I have a TRP Operator and just got a new Lightweight Champion Operator for my plain clothes assignment. Assume 1911's and great company to deal with.
smile.gif

Donnie

But what is the difference between the regular Operator line pistols and then the TRP line pistols? There is like a $200-$300 difference and just wondering if its that much different between the two.