• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springfield Waypoint VS Aero Solus

sasquatch98226

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2007
I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and have decided to get a Hunter Rifle Setup going. Not looking to break to the bank, but came across the Springfield Armory Waypoint rifles and from what I see on youtube etc steel barrel 6.5 , they appear to be pretty decent for the price, and come with a carbon fiber stock. I was also looking at a barreled action of the Aero Solus and then putting it in a Greyboe Phoenix 2, or the same AG Hunter Adjustable Stock to give me a lightweight stock option as well.

Any opinions as to one being significantly better than the other? Any features that are a must have versus the other? Cost being relatively equal what are your thoughts.

Honestly if it were my money I would probably go solus because of the versatility it has just get a barrel and action wrench and you could have a range gun too.

The Waypoint is a nice stick for the money, especially at their street price sub $2K, I can see the appeal. I'd honestly suggest getting a Zermatt Origin action and a prefit and then throw it in your stock or chassis of choice. That will give you a lot more versatility going forward and it will be a better quality setup than the SA or Aero.

That will give you a lot more versatility going forward and it will be a better quality setup than the SA or Aero.
Can you go into more detail about what is better about the Origin? I'm on the fence between the Origin and Solus.

Last edited:
I have some money burning a hole in my pocket, and have decided to get a Hunter Rifle Setup going. Not looking to break to the bank, but came across the Springfield Armory Waypoint rifles and from what I see on youtube etc steel barrel 6.5 , they appear to be pretty decent for the price, and come with a carbon fiber stock. I was also looking at a barreled action of the Aero Solus and then putting it in a Greyboe Phoenix 2, or the same AG Hunter Adjustable Stock to give me a lightweight stock option as well.

Any opinions as to one being significantly better than the other? Any features that are a must have versus the other? Cost being relatively equal what are your thoughts.
I just got my Waypoint in 308. Carbon Barrel. Adjustable Stock.
Never shot a bolt action in my life, let alone for groupings.
First time out, these were my best groups.
Federal GMM 168gr.
You cant go wrong with the street price of little over 1900$.
Who needs to worry about putting a rifle together.?
All done ready to go.

Attachments

• CAP2446944281487881168.jpg
    CAP2446944281487881168.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230730_141815.jpg
    20230730_141815.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230730_141825.jpg
    20230730_141825.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 37
To me the Solus is very tempting simply because you can easily have a custom barrel made and still keep a low price point. Many of these factory guns, even at high price points and accuracy claims do not live up to them. Some years ago I bought an HS Precision hunting rifle, new from an HS dealer, came with a tiny test target, something like 0.3". Couldn't get it to shoot, sent it back to HS, they also couldn't get it to shoot, and they ended up having to re-barrel it. No explanation how it shot such a tiny test target and then went complete dog shit between the factory, dealer to me. Dealing with a Sako 20s that won't shoot well now. The accuracy lottery is real on these guns, and it's gotten worse the last couple years, both in guns and ammo quality/consistency.

Seems like you are much more likely to end up with a good shooting rifle buying an action and having a good smith spin up a custom barrel.

In that race, to me the Solus wins, you can buy the action under $700, and I've even seen barreled actions under $900, heck you could buy the action for $700, spend $800 on a Bartlein pre-fit, and still have $500 left to put into a stock to hit $2k.

In the game of really good shooting consistent rifles, Seekins PH2 seems to lead the way, if I had to buy a pre-built one right now that's probably the way I would lean.

To me the Solus is very tempting simply because you can easily have a custom barrel made and still keep a low price point. Many of these factory guns, even at high price points and accuracy claims do not live up to them. Some years ago I bought an HS Precision hunting rifle, new from an HS dealer, came with a tiny test target, something like 0.3". Couldn't get it to shoot, sent it back to HS, they also couldn't get it to shoot, and they ended up having to re-barrel it. No explanation how it shot such a tiny test target and then went complete dog shit between the factory, dealer to me. Dealing with a Sako 20s that won't shoot well now. The accuracy lottery is real on these guns, and it's gotten worse the last couple years, both in guns and ammo quality/consistency.

Seems like you are much more likely to end up with a good shooting rifle buying an action and having a good smith spin up a custom barrel.

In that race, to me the Solus wins, you can buy the action under $700, and I've even seen barreled actions under $900, heck you could buy the action for $700, spend $800 on a Bartlein pre-fit, and still have $500 left to put into a stock to hit $2k.

In the game of really good shooting consistent rifles, Seekins PH2 seems to lead the way, if I had to buy a pre-built one right now that's probably the way I would lean.
You can buy Zermatt Origin/BigHorn/TL3 shouldered pre-fit barrels and they're already properly headspaced for the SOLUS action. You just need the SOLUS action wrench and a barrel vise and torque-wrench, and you're good to go (test with Go/NoGo gauges implied, of course).

I have a SOLUS that I'm building a custom .25 Creedmoor right now. Got everything except the barrel and scope for it.

Yep, after having a few disappointing results with some factory options I'm leaning that way now. It's just too much of a barrel lottery with factory options. My Sako S20 is a great example, I've seen several at the range that are hammers, but if you get one that isn't Beretta is impossible to deal with, and trade in/sell values on used factory guns are so bad that it's too expensive to buy and try hoping you get a good one. Not when it's so easy now to buy an action, a pre-fit and drop it in a stock. Not that those can't have problems as well, but I feel like it's much more rare.

Yep, after having a few disappointing results with some factory options I'm leaning that way now. It's just too much of a barrel lottery with factory options. My Sako S20 is a great example, I've seen several at the range that are hammers, but if you get one that isn't Beretta is impossible to deal with, and trade in/sell values on used factory guns are so bad that it's too expensive to buy and try hoping you get a good one. Not when it's so easy now to buy an action, a pre-fit and drop it in a stock. Not that those can't have problems as well, but I feel like it's much more rare.
I recently had to send back my Christensen Arms MPR 6mm ARC because it had accuracy issues. After tons of testing, they ended up having to build an entirely new rifle and shipped it back to me. The new one shoots pretty good so far. But like you said, a rifle that expensive shouldn't have problems like that. QA/QC needs to improve across the board, with ALL brands of guns/optics/parts, etc...

So far, I'm impressed with the SOLUS for the price.

• Haha
Reactions: chevy_man
I picked up a Solus action and 17” chassis. Screwed a Proof 6gt prefit on it and am very impressed. I only have 90 rounds on it so far but am slowly falling in love with the minimalist approach to the chassis. My comp gun is in a Matrix Pro and it’s nice but the aero just feels good in the hands. I know subjective.
No issues at all with the action after running it in with about 100 dry fires. All critical surfaces are square to bore and no failures to feed or eject. My Impact definitely cycles smoother but this is to be expected with a 3 lug.
Overall I don’t think you can go wrong with a Solus.

Reactions: FuhQ

Just get a waypoint and your done for 2k$

Except if you get one of the ones that have been reported here and elsewhere that had accuracy issues.....

Except if you get one of the ones that have been reported here and elsewhere that had accuracy issues.....
Just because a few had issues doesnt mean all do, nor does that make issues more often than not. Quit the gun shop talk banter.
Most people post in forums when they have issues, wondering if others have experienced the same, looking for remedies. NOT when a gun shoots great, unless they are overly excited abiut a new purchase.
I have 2. One in 308 one in 6.5cm. Zero accuracy issues.
My best in 6.5 did. .338" group factory hornady eldx
My best in 308 did. Just abiut 3/4" factory Federal GMM. And im a rookie.
You didnt see me start a thread bragging about my forst time out with a Waypoint...lol

Last edited:
I'm happy you got good examples. No different than my S20, I've seen a half dozen hammers at the range, but if you get a lemon like I did, its a huge hassle to deal with. As I've gotten older my time and frustration is worth a lot more than it was when I was 30. So to me hedging my bets that I'll get a better shooter with less hassles for basically the same $, is worth avoiding big factory offerings. Sometimes you get lucky, I have an old LTR in .308 that is just a ridiculous hammer, might be the most accurate gun I've ever had and that's including several customs, but by no means would I attribute that accuracy to all Rem 700's, I just hit the barrel lottery on that one. I'm not picking on Springfield, I'd say the same thing about Sako, Weatherby, Remington, HS Precision, Nosler, Kimber, the list goes on. Now of course all companies make mistakes, but you can bet something like a Seekins PH2 has less accuracy issues than a big factory production rifle, for basically the same $$.

I'd be willing to bet that if you took custom actions Solus/Origin/Nucleus, Kelbly Atlas etc. and spun bartlein prefits onto them chambered by a good shop, they'd shoot measurably better on average than 50 Waypoints out of gun shops. Once you break $1500 in a factory big box rifle, in my mind you are getting to the price point where making the leap to a custom action/barrel is not much more expensive, but is much much more likely to yield top performance.

Reactions: Robert4
I'm happy you got good examples. No different than my S20, I've seen a half dozen hammers at the range, but if you get a lemon like I did, its a huge hassle to deal with. As I've gotten older my time and frustration is worth a lot more than it was when I was 30. So to me hedging my bets that I'll get a better shooter with less hassles for basically the same $, is worth avoiding big factory offerings. Sometimes you get lucky, I have an old LTR in .308 that is just a ridiculous hammer, might be the most accurate gun I've ever had and that's including several customs, but by no means would I attribute that accuracy to all Rem 700's, I just hit the barrel lottery on that one. I'm not picking on Springfield, I'd say the same thing about Sako, Weatherby, Remington, HS Precision, Nosler, Kimber, the list goes on. Now of course all companies make mistakes, but you can bet something like a Seekins PH2 has less accuracy issues than a big factory production rifle, for basically the same $$.

I'd be willing to bet that if you took custom actions Solus/Origin/Nucleus, Kelbly Atlas etc. and spun bartlein prefits onto them chambered by a good shop, they'd shoot measurably better on average than 50 Waypoints out of gun shops. Once you break $1500 in a factory big box rifle, in my mind you are getting to the price point where making the leap to a custom action/barrel is not much more expensive, but is much much more likely to yield top performance.
Just cuz you got a bad one doesnt mean majority are bad, not even close. Your just feeling resentful and hating and pushing your one out of a thousand bad experience.
I was gonna go custom till I found the Waypont. Glad i didn't go custom. I save a boatload.
Hahah $1500 up to a custom. Add another 1500$ minimum.
Origin action is $900, a proof prefit is around $900.
You still need a stock, carbon stock is in the 800-1000 ballpark, nevermind the 12 week backorders. Plus bottom metal and some smith work.
The results won't be much better to be honest. With handloads ill consistently be under .5". All for less than 2k$ and no waiting for a gunsmith. He can save his money and buy factory match ammo and hammer all day long. Or put his money toward reloading if he doesn't already.
No brainer. Waypoint all day.
My biggest hassle was driving 5 minutes to my FFL to pick up my Waypoints...lol

Last edited:
My biggest hassle was driving 5 minutes to my FFL to pick up my Waypoints...lol

Just wait until you have to put a new barrel on. How many companies make pre-fits for it?? For sure, if it was my $2000, I would build it myself, it’s just too easy. With an Origin and a Solus you can have multiple barrels; with a Waypoint you need a whole new $2000 gun; forget that.

How are your groups with your hand loads?

Reactions: Oldloser
If that thing shoot´s, it would be interesting.

And they do have barrels from this company, same that makes the barrel for the factory rifle.
Pre-fit barrels.

Just wait until you have to put a new barrel on. How many companies make pre-fits for it?? For sure, if it was my $2000, I would build it myself, it’s just too easy. With an Origin and a Solus you can have multiple barrels; with a Waypoint you need a whole new $2000 gun; forget that.

How are your groups with your hand loads?

Proof makes a prefit.
BSF who currently makes the barrel you see on it from factory makes a prefit.

Don't buy anything Springfield Armory or Rock River Arms .... they contributed money to the anti gun lobby who gave the two manufacturers a carve out in the the new law past back in 2012 (?) they both are traders to the 2nd Ammendment, and good citizens of Illinois, contributing to the demise of small gun shops...but they buy the anti-gun politicians off, to stay in business and become a large monopoly in the state, crowding out the little businesses....it would be like the NRA donating to the Anti-Gun democrats to pass restricting 2nd Ammendment laws against citizens of a state and get a carve out in the new state law to become the only pro gun lobby in that state....they get to stay in business but at what cost.

You can buy Zermatt Origin/BigHorn/TL3 shouldered pre-fit barrels and they're already properly headspaced for the SOLUS action. You just need the SOLUS action wrench and a barrel vise and torque-wrench, and you're good to go (test with Go/NoGo gauges implied, of course).
A TL3 barrel is not properly headspace to a Solus.

Everyone can rag on Springfield all they want.
They put together a nice rifle at a great price and an excellent shooter.
Mine shot ragged holes with 120gr Federal Amercian Eagle. And I'm not an experienced shooter.
Keep the hate going...lol

No experience with the aero. My buddy has a Waypoint in 6mm Creed that is a shooter. Sub-3/4 MOA with handloads.

I did an Origin build for around $2300 by hunting around on the PX here for some deals and buying some other parts on sale. I love it. First group was .496" at 100 yards, and I'm not a great shooter. sub-10 lbs with a proof carbon prefit and a Nightforce NX8 on it. bare rifle is a touch over 7 lbs.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do the Origin over a factory rifle every time. It was so worth it to me.

No experience with the aero. My buddy has a Waypoint in 6mm Creed that is a shooter. Sub-3/4 MOA with handloads.

I did an Origin build for around $2300 by hunting around on the PX here for some deals and buying some other parts on sale. I love it. First group was .496" at 100 yards, and I'm not a great shooter. sub-10 lbs with a proof carbon prefit and a Nightforce NX8 on it. bare rifle is a touch over 7 lbs.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do the Origin over a factory rifle every time. It was so worth it to me.
That's great..
But the Waypoint comes complete. No shopping for parts or assembly and for less than 2300$

The waypoint seems very nice at that price. Fit and finish was nicer in person than the Seekins too. Imho. I’ve not shot either.

That's great..
But the Waypoint comes complete. No shopping for parts or assembly and for less than 2300$
I'm not arguing that, but I like to think that my money is worth the time to spend it wisely.

If someone disagrees, that's fine. I'm just saying there's other options for not much more that put you in, in my opinion, a whole 'nother realm of bolt action quality.

I'm not arguing that, but I like to think that my money is worth the time to spend it wisely.

If someone disagrees, that's fine. I'm just saying there's other options for not much more that put you in, in my opinion, a whole 'nother realm of bolt action quality.
I agree.
The waypoint is worth every dime.
Has all the bells and whistles of a custom built rifle. 100% complete for a very competitive price.
And great accuracy.
Whole other relm of quality? My idea of that is Terminus or Kelbly, which is 80% of the cost of a complete waypoint.
It's basically a custom rifle from factory. Just cuz it from a big manufacturer eveyone poo poo it.
The action is Springfield, everything else is part of that parts shopping list your talking about.
What more can u want for 2k or less, no assembly required.?

I agree.
The waypoint is worth every dime.
Has all the bells and whistles of a custom built rifle. 100% complete for a very competitive price.
And great accuracy.
Whole other relm of quality? My idea of that is Terminus or Kelbly, which is 80% of the cost of a complete waypoint.
It's basically a custom rifle from factory. Just cuz it from a big manufacturer eveyone poo poo it.
The action is Springfield, everything else is part of that parts shopping list your talking about.
What more can u want for 2k or less, no assembly required.?
changeable bolt faces comes to mind. Like I said, I don't give a shit either way, but its another option to consider.

changeable bolt faces comes to mind. Like I said, I don't give a shit either way, but its another option to consider.

I dont need to change bolt faces. Not may do when first jumping in.

Just cuz it's says springfield. That's all the hate comes from.

That's great..
You can build a custom Solus for about the same, and have a better action, and barrel...

All you need at that point is a TriggerTech Special, a stock & magazine setup (the Solus will accept AICS and AW mags without modification), and a scope. Easy as that. And putting a trigger in a Solus only requires a T15 torx bit and a screwdriver, because it uses a hanger system. No punches, no hammer, no bench vise.

You can build a custom Solus for about the same, and have a better action, and barrel...

All you need at that point is a TriggerTech Special, a stock & magazine setup (the Solus will accept AICS and AW mags without modification), and a scope. Easy as that. And putting a trigger in a Solus only requires a T15 torx bit and a screwdriver. No punches, no hammer, no bench vise.

I dont have to build a Waypoint at all.
And "better action" based on what, your opinion?
The Waypoint is an excellent rifle and extremely accurate for its price in one package.
Keep hating

The Waypoint is an excellent rifle and extremely accurate for its price in one package.
Keep hating

Hey junior, I have couple things for you to consider:

1). People giving advice that doesn’t match yours does not constitute hate for your advice and it would be a benefit to everyone else here if you could understand that.

2). Many of us here actually enjoy building rifles, so not having to build a Waypoint is not actually a positive for us.

3). Most of us don’t give a crap if you take our recommendations and advice and don’t get butt hurt if you don’t. We give it because of experience we have had that we think is beneficial to the subject at hand, but everyone has to make their own decisions as to what best suits their needs.

4). You seem to be doing a lot of explaining as to why the Waypoint is the best thing going and the wisest advice given in this thread that everyone should follow. That level of need to have one’s opinion validated really stands out, and not in a good way.

Having no experience with a Waypoint, other than looking at them in a gun shop, it’s good to know that they can be good performers. I’ll still likely never buy one, as I prefer to build, but it’s good to know.

Hey junior, I have couple things for you to consider:

1). People giving advice that doesn’t match yours does not constitute hate for your advice and it would be a benefit to everyone else here if you could understand that.

2). Many of us here actually enjoy building rifles, so not having to build a Waypoint is not actually a positive for us.

3). Most of us don’t give a crap if you take our recommendations and advice and don’t get butt hurt if you don’t. We give it because of experience we have had that we think is beneficial to the subject at hand, but everyone has to make their own decisions as to what best suits their needs.

4). You seem to be doing a lot of explaining as to why the Waypoint is the best thing going and the wisest advice given in this thread that everyone should follow. That level of need to have one’s opinion validated really stands out, and not in a good way.

Having no experience with a Waypoint, other than looking at them in a gun shop, it’s good to know that they can be good performers. I’ll still likely never buy one, as I prefer to build, but it’s good to know.
And lots of people here explaining why NOT to buy one.
So I have the right to counter.

Keep hating
Wow... 🤦🏼 Based on my opinion? Absolutely... But also based on actual design specs and facts. Plus the fact I've been doing this a VERY long time, and have been spec'ing all my own custom built precision bolt-action rifles on 700 actions and even a Browning A-Bolt for the last 22 years. I can tell you're extremely new to guns, or you're some dumbass kid under 25 who listens to the paid youtube shills or the retards at Bass Pro that also don't know their asses from a hole in the ground, so pay attention and you might learn something...

Yes, the Solus is a better action in literally every aspect. I've handled quite a few Waypoints, and they are nothing more than a churched-up 2-lug 90º Remington 700 style action. They even use standard R700 6-48 base screws. Literally the only functional upgrades it has over a 700 is the integral recoil lug, 2 pins for the pic rail base, and the factory threaded bolt handle so you can change the knobs easily. That's it. The spiral-fluted bolt body is nice, but serves no actual function other than aesthetics.

Also, the factory Waypoint barrel is not even a REAL carbon fiber wrapped barrel. It is a skinny turned-down stainless barrel that floats inside of a tensioned carbon fiber tube over the top of it. While this type of barrel has been proven in the rimfire world due to the rimfire not producing much pressure and not creating a lot of recoil and barrel whip, it is not the smartest approach in the centerfire world, IMO. You crack that sleeve in any kind of accident, and your rifle is fucked. Time for a new barrel. Honestly, the Waypoint shouldn't cost more than $1,500 tops, because the barrels are garbage. Just because something shoots well, doesn't mean it's not a piss-poor garbage design. Even a turd can be polished, and a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

The Waypoint has a bolt-on picatinny scope base, and the Solus has a fully CNC-machined integrated 20MOA base designed into the top of the action creating a MUCH truer scope mounting surface, and a much stronger action with no flex.

Not to mention, the Solus is actually machined from a solid billet of 416r stainless steel. It has a 3-lug 60-degree bolt, which handles chamber pressures more evenly by spreading it over more surface area. And it also has dual pressure relief ports for the rare event of a CF. The Solus is exponentially beefier in every aspect.

Is the Solus the best action ever made... Nope. Not by a long shot. But it's still leaps, and bounds better than a Waypoint or any other factory mass-produced action on the market. Take the advice, or leave it...I honestly don't give a fuck either way. But you won't make very many friends on here with that attitude when experienced people are trying to give you solid advice.

Also, as for the "building" a rifle part, with the Solus I linked you to, a gunsmith does all the actual hard work. So, if you don't have the mechanical abilities or knowledge to literally tighten 2 screws into an action from the bottom of a stock, and torque it to the right specs then you probably don't need to be owning or shooting guns.

My entire point is not which rifle is better, or to get you to buy a Solus. My entire point was that you can spend that same $2,500 and have a MUCH better rifle in your hands, than some factory assembled crapshoot that you're taking a risk on.

Last edited:
My entire point is not which rifle is better, or to get you to buy a Solus. My entire point was that you can spend that same $2,500 and have a MUCH better rifle in your hands, than some factory assembled crapshoot that you're taking.
The barrel isn't garbage. I know exactly how its made, they still manage to shoot excellent for a shitty barrel. That's a fact. And I can get a proof prefit if i so choose after the original is shot out.
I paid $1700 for my 6.5cm. $2500 is more than msrp, and not street price.
For a first gun to get into, its worth every bit of it's price, with no hassle of building, which alot dont want to do when jumping in.
Most people end up upgrading eventually to something full custom anyway.
Which I may do at somepoint and it won't me a Solus..lol. I'll jump to a Terminus.

The barrel isn't garbage. I know exactly how its made, they still manage to shoot excellent for a shitty barrel. That's a fact. And I can get a proof prefit if i so choose after the original is shot out.
For a first gun to get into, its worth every bit of it's price, with no hassle of building, which alot dont want to do when jumping in.
Which I may do at somepoint and it won't me a Solus..lol. I'll jump to a Terminus.
This confirms a lot of my initial thoughts. So, if it's your first gun, how do you know it's worth the price? You have no experience with anything else. Or did you come on here wanting everyone to pat you on the back and tell you how amazing of a job you did, and how awesome it is, and confirm your purchase? As you can see...That didn't go well.

If you listened more and talked less out of your ass, you might learn something. Your ignorance is astounding. Then again, you are from Boston... So... Makes sense.

You laugh at a Solus, but praise your even lower quality Waypoint... Hilarious.

This confirms a lot of my initial thoughts. So, if it's your first gun, how do you know it's worth the price? You have no experience with anything else. Or did you come on here wanting everyone to pat you on the back and tell you how amazing of a job you did, and how awesome it is, and confirm your purchase?

If you listened more and talked less out of your ass, you might learn something. Your ignorance is astounding. Then again, you are from Boston... So... Makes sense.

You laugh at a Solus, but praise your even lower quality Waypoint... Hilarious.
Dude the insults aren't necessary. You need to relax.
You're salty.
It's a great rifle for the money and entry point. Nobody said its the end all be all.
There are many testimonials on how well they shoot.
You just a hater.
Merry Xmas.

Everyone can rag on Springfield all they want.
They put together a nice rifle at a great price and an excellent shooter.
Mine shot ragged holes with 120gr Federal Amercian Eagle. And I'm not an experienced shooter.
Keep the hate going...lol
We can tell.

You're entitled to your opinion but it’s pretty clear that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Personally I’d take a variety of other off the shelf options in the $800-1200 range over a Waypoint.

Reactions: KYAggie
We can tell.

You're entitled to your opinion but it’s pretty clear that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Personally I’d take a variety of other off the shelf options in the $800-1200 range over a Waypoint.
Awesome. You're entitled to your opinion

You don't have to build a Solus either...

If you like the Waypoint, here's the closest thing to it, for $1,875 right now. All of the benefits of the Solus, with an AG adjustable stock.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 22-12-18 SOLUS Hunter Rifle - 24 6.5 Creedmoor Sendero Light Fluted.png

Solus Price.JPG

Dude the insults aren't necessary. You need to relax.
You're salty.
It's a great rifle for the money and entry point. Nobody said its the end all be all.
There are many testimonials on how well they shoot.
You just a hater.
Merry Xmas.
It's a brand new rifle that only came out in the last year... There can't be THAT many testimonials of how well it holds up under longterm use and abuse... Especially in the field. Unless you're counting all the YouTube shills that told you it was an awesome gun, because they got a free one, or got paid like $5-10K by Springfield to review it positively. And yes, some of those big name guys get paid that much, and more to review ONE product and pimp it out to their millions of followers.

I'm not a hater, I own Springfield weapons. I've just been around this stuff long enough to know what is and isn't worth the price, and what does and doesn't work. Carbon-tensioned barrels are not a good thing. They're great for manufacturers, because they're super cheap and easy to build, but they are not so great for the end-user. I personally know a guy who's had a Waypoint for a while now. It barely shoots MOA at 100 yards...And it's not his abilities that are lacking, because I've seen him shoot plenty of times. For hunting, that's fine, but it's certainly not a precision instrument.

You really need to learn that people aren't hating on you so much for what you bought... It's the attitude you brought with it, and refusal to listen to other people's advice/opinions that's kicking the hornet's nest.