• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield XD 40

Re: Springfield XD 40

Close Shooting. Clearing rooms as a back up in the event that my rifle should fail, I still keep in the fight. I don't want to use a 9mm, not enough knock down and I want a automatic not a 1911. So I was thinking of a 40 cal.

I have and XD 40 subcompact as my everyday carry. I think the 40 is plenty good for what you are looking for. I would suggest the XDm as it has higher mag capacity than the regular XD

+1
I have the XD subcompact and 5 inch Tactical in 40 S&W. Both are great shooters and the 180 grain bullets are deadly enough.

I too own the XD.40 sub. It's actually a little blockier than my M&P .40 compact. Both good pistols. I like the round a lot but WTF do I know?

Thanks everyone I went ahead and picked up the sub compact for carry and went with the xdm for work. Advice around here meens something, thanks