• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield XDM 9mm

txstars

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
Grapevine, Texas, U.S.A.
Anyone own or have first hand information on Springfield's XDM 9mm?

I looked at one this past weekend. Other than them having a very nice feel I know nothing about there performance.

Re: Springfield XDM 9mm

19+1 is impressive. Thanks for the info. guys. You talked me into it. I just picked one up on a auction site using the "buy it Now" for $555.00

my XDM40 is awesome!!! I just hate paying out the azz for ammo! now that the 9mm version is out im guna have to buy annother.
laugh.gif

I have the xd .45 for a long time now bro and i let my wife have it i trust it so much. Its a fine gun for a good price. Ive never seen it jam or misfeed and she has put some rounds through it. Shoots great and i know that 45 doesnt move much at all so im sure the 9mm is super steady.

I have an XDM9 and like it. But I wonder if it is as durable in harsh conditions as some other alternatives. I am not saying that it is not as durable, just wondering.

the only gripe with mine is the trigger, I;m having it sent off to Springfield to have a trigger job done. other than that it is a great gun. I got it for my wife, she loves it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only gripe with mine is the trigger, I;m having it sent off to Springfield to have a trigger job done. other than that it is a great gun. I got it for my wife, she loves it. </div></div>

some times I really have to wonder what some peoples standards are on a hand guns trigger??? the xdm comes with a factory match grade trigget and is superb in my honest oppinion. mine shoots great and some one that can not shoot well with the factory xdm trigger has other issues with their shooting that they need to work with. just my two cents.

not trying to start a pissing match or bash on any one but their is an art to good shooting esp with hand guns and more offten than not the fire arm has the abillity in stock form to perform better than the shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ajwcotton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only gripe with mine is the trigger, I;m having it sent off to Springfield to have a trigger job done. other than that it is a great gun. I got it for my wife, she loves it. </div></div>

some times I really have to wonder what some peoples standards are on a hand guns trigger??? the xdm comes with a factory match grade trigget and is superb in my honest oppinion. mine shoots great and some one that can not shoot well with the factory xdm trigger has other issues with their shooting that they need to work with. just my two cents.

not trying to start a pissing match or bash on any one but their is an art to good shooting esp with hand guns and more offten than not the fire arm has the abillity in stock form to perform better than the shooter. </div></div>

couldn't agree with you more, My XDm40 outshoots me by a mile, and I'm not a bad shoot. I just find that pretty much any pistol that I pick up shoots the same in my hands but I don't dought that It shoots better than others that I have. Also the trigger is very nice smooth and light. You can't expect it to feel like a worked 1911 but for a plastic DA, you can't ask for much more for a factory gun.

nice gun. great improvement over the XD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice gun. great improvement over the XD </div></div>

That is saying something as I damn sure like my XD .40 compact.

If I ever work again*, I'd like an XD .45. There is an M version now too right?

<span style="font-size: 17pt">*</span>
<span style="font-size: 8pt">You may have heard work is very slow right now...........</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice gun. great improvement over the XD </div></div>

That is saying something as I damn sure like my XD .40 compact.

If I ever work again*, I'd like an XD .45. There is an M version now too right?

<span style="font-size: 17pt">*</span>
<span style="font-size: 8pt">You may have heard work is very slow right now...........</span> </div></div>

Negative. The XDM is only available in the 40 s&w and the 9mm at this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my XDM40 is awesome!!! I just hate paying out the azz for ammo! now that the 9mm version is out im guna have to buy annother.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Same here except I reload so it saves some. Want to get the black/OD one.

This first part was as of Feb 20th. Trigger has smoothed out but I still do not like it. Cleaned it after about 2600rds.
----------
It has a little over 2500rds through it since I bought it in January. Majority of it being Win and Atlantic Arms Ammo, with 115gr bullets, several hundred Fed+P+ 115gr. No malfunctions, has not been cleaned yet.

5 shots at 15yds:

XDM004-vi.jpg

I have a nasty flinchbuckjerk, easily noticed whey I use snap caps, this tends to push the shots left. I think it is the long/heavy trigger pull that is jacking w/ my brain.

Typical at 25yds, 10rds. Red sq. is 5 shots from 1911:

tgt25yds02-vi.jpg

Went and ordered a new XD(M) from Springer Precision on the 5th of March and had it in hand six days later. Got the 4# trigger and Dawson sights(narrow front with fiber optic insert):

SPxdm01a1-vi.jpg

The trigger and sights are both big improvements in my book. I will probably send my first in and have the same/similar work done.

Three shot groups from the SP XD(M)@ 50yds, ammo was from Atlanta Arms Ammo, 115jhp:
red, benched slowfire, bit of a wind from L-R.
green, benched, shot a little faster during a lull in the wind
blue, offhand, little or no wind

50yds01a1-vi.jpg

I have about 500rds through the SP XD(M), even cleaned it tonight. A bit more info posted at the XD forum but this give the basic rundown.

I really like the platform, holster 'works', mag holder 'works' and the adjustable backstrap is nice(small for me). By 'works', they are usable but I think there are better options on the market. Springer Precision does great work, if you need it.

Chad

Excellent writeup.

I may be the only one that prefers the XD9 to the XDM9.

I may have to pick one up to try out at the range, but thus far I'm not sold on the ergonomics, with the backstrap being a primary dislike.

I don't like the sights in mine so I'll get some night or fiber optic ones.

In terms of price, I'm ashamed about what I paid for mine but I've put about 200 rounds through it so far this weekend and I love it.

I have a xdm 40 that I love, have it with me 24/7 it is incredably accurate and I'd put it to out shoot a glock any day. anyone have experence with the conversion barrels to 9mm? been thinking of getting one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GYSGTMUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my XDM40 is awesome!!! I just hate paying out the azz for ammo! now that the 9mm version is out im guna have to buy annother.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Same here except I reload so it saves some. Want to get the black/OD one. </div></div>

my xdm9 od/black is on order.
laugh.gif
I priced out all the crap to reload my 40 and it doesnt seem much cheaper to me. I reload for my 7mm rem mag and get much better accuracey and balistics @ 1/3 the price so its worth it but I didnt see how my 40. could be much cheaper + its hard to keep track of my brass.