• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield XDm

Re: Springfield XDm

What kind of feedback you looking for?

The 9mm model shoots more accurately then the .40 cal even though both are match grade barrels.

3 back straps are nice for hand size customization. Smooth trigger pull, good ergonomics. They improved the position and hand guard by the mag release so you can keep your hand perfectly in the shooting position without having to rotate to drop the mag.(speeds up mag changes). Also the field strip is even easier then the XD models.(which I didn't really see a problem with in the first place).

Mine has shot many different brands ammo very well without any hiccups; to date I have not had any malfunctions. Good tight groups at varying ranges. Shoot and move or static.

That kind of feed back is good, thanks. Our police agency is looking to change over to the XDm. I'm looking for comments about the gun. I did test the gun and like it myself, however I'm just looking for what others might have found out about it before we make the deal.

Tacstick:

You can't go wrong with the XDm. It's got all the bells and whistles that you need for a service pistol and the 20 round capacity (9mm) is just dandy...

Regards,

IUD

IUD,
Thanks. Thats what Im hoping to hear more than anything negative. If the deal happens, it will be in .40 cal.

Well this isn't "directly" about the gun but service at Springfield is GREAT! I had an older XD 40 that the back sight tritium was not bright.(believed that the cylinder was broken internally); sent in the slide and they replaced it no questions asked. Then the back was brighter then the front which my front was an AO big dot; couldn't have the back brighter then the front (tactically) so sent it back and they replaced that also (both ways shipping on their dime)!

I'll keep buying Springfield!!

I can't find fault with mine. Although I'm gonna do the trigger mod just cus, but it really doesn't need one. I would just like it.

Absolutely love mine! It's .40 cal and I use it to conceal carry. Not a single fault I can find. Shot it out of the box and no misfeeds. I'm not LE so I can't grade it from that perspective, but really like the feel and reliability of it over our Army issue Berreta 9mm.

Now that I think about it, the only thing I've heard complaints about is the round indicator on the top that protrudes if there's a round in the chamber. Personally, I like it, but it has a sharp edge on it that if you're going to carry it in a holster a lot, may damage the holster. You'd have to confirm if this really is an issue but something to think about from an LE perspective. As LE, I'm pretty confident you guys don't need a protruding bump to tell you there's a round in the chamber.

Also, no holsters that I can find on the market. But I found the SIG 229 holster fits just fine because they both have a large trigger guard. Hope that helps.

I won a custom XDm built by Springer Precision. Very nice gun. But they just dont work in my hand. A real thumb knuckle banger. I like the concept and wish I was built differently.

I've run about 1000 rounds thru my xdm 9mm and love it thus far. Accurate, high cap, and eats anything I've put in it. Still waiting on the two promo mags to come in the mail.

PS...hi, first time poster
smile.gif

Ryan

I actually just received an email today stating that they are processing my 2 extra mags however it will be another 8 weeks from the email date before I see them. I purchased my XDm last Sept and sent in the card immediately. Guess this is thanks to Osama..wait or did I mean Obama?
smirk.gif

5pt56....Damn, I sent my request for the two mags in December. If you sent yours in Sept, it's going to be a while for me, if at all....Damn!

Handled one at the store today. I like the shorter reset. The long reset was the deal breaker for me with the XD standard. Grip feels pretty good to me on the match. Will get one soon in 9mm.

i like mine, shoots well, my only gripe is it needs an over-travel stop something fierce.

the shorter reset... hell i find it odd that the one thing i like the most has little to no bearing on the gun... i like not having to pull the trigger for removing the slide.

I have been looking at them for almost two months. Been waiting for one in od in 40sw. I almost went and bought a black one just to get in on the mag deal. Well I got the email from Davidson's. They got 10 of them today. I should be able to pick it up on Tuesday and try it out later that day.

I've shot the XDM 40 and found it to be the best fitting pistol ergonomically. It was also very accurate. The first shots I fired were at full soda cans at 40 yards. Nine out of ten of the first shots found there mark. I've shot one a few more times. It's tied for the number one spot on next to buy list with a SW 686. I've shot a lot of firearms over the years and found the XDM to be great so far.......very natural in the hand and points better than a 1911.

I haven't shot the 9mm version yet.

Noxspector,
If your shooting the XDM 40 that well out of the gate I am SURE you'll love how accurate the 9mm is. My personal preference is the 40 cal round but when it comes to the XDM the smiths at SA "say" that the 9mm is generally more accurate on this model.(hence why I decided to go with the 9mm and the fact that most of my pistols are .40)

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear such good things about the XDm. Our agency is in the process of putting the XDm .40 cal., out to bit for our new duty gun.

Ray

captnmo,
Great news...it didn't take SA the projected 8 weeks from the email. I received 2 mags and (I believe) an extra mag pouch :)today via Fedex.

My DDm 9mm, is at Springer Precision having a makeover. I'm never satisfied with a stock anything. I never shot it, bought it and sent it to Scott. Go to XDtalk.com forum. Lots of Springer info there. I'll post more pictures when I get it back.

DSCN0195.jpg

DSCN0199.jpg

blackblue,
Maybe this will help you decide, I posted this above but you may not have caught it:

My personal preference is the 40 cal round but when it comes to the XDM the gunsmiths at Springfeld Armory "say" that the 9mm is generally more accurate on this model.(hence why I decided to go with the 9mm and the fact that most of my pistols are .40)

Went with a 40 since I didnt have a real preference and I found a better deal on it. OD and black, should have it tomorrow or saturday.

I know this is a old thread, but that's what happens when you search. Iwas looking for the same info on the xdm. I'm looking at replacing a smith and wesson cs40 with a xdm. How's yours treating you OP? Is it still felt that the 9mm is still more accurate than the 40?

I just have the 9mm, and I use it as a bedside gun, 20 rounds ready to go is a good thing.

I'm not a fan of Glocks at all, but I've found a comfortable grip angle in the XD's as well as the Smith M&P series. I went with this firearm for capacity, I don't think I could conceal it properly because it's so huge.

So am I the only one on the planet that thinks the grip is to thin, causing to much finger to extend into the trigger guard? Other than that, it is a fine gun

i have owned every xd and xdm out there. they are one of the best ive handled even in the army. hi capisity mags and great with trijacon sights. does any one know if u can get a suppresser on one i have the xdm 3.5 were can i get a threaded barrel. i really need it for my sniper deploy kit thx. happy huntin yall