• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Springfield XDm

Gilly

On Target
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2009
Coloarado
I wanted some opinions on the XDm 40 from springfield. Really like the look of the gun like the ballistics of the 40 s&w caliber. just not sure on the gun as it is polymer. I have read many threads on here and elswhere and what I have found is not much but mixed, most is on the on the XD model. Hoped to find more here on a thread dedicated to XDm 40. I appreciate any input you all have. Not much of an expert on handguns so I thought I would see what you all have to offer. Don't want a glock have shot one in 9mm and not impressed. Hoped this would be a better option.

Re: Springfield XDm

Looks great to me, and seems that it competes fairly well with the M&P.

I looked at both and got the M&P, but if the XD(m) 9mm was out at the time, I might have gone that route.

i have one in 9mm and 40 love them both 100% reliable so far and accurate. Mag capacity is nice too.

i have one in 9mm. i bought one only because i didnt have a 9mm yet. very nice gun, would highly recommend them. ive shot regular xds and is just like it. they improved somethings. very accurate gun as well. 100% reliable. if your gonna buy a polymer gun the xdm is good to go. however i do have a USP in 40 and love that as well. it all comes down to what features you like, and which one fits your hand best. all glock, smithand wesson, hk and springfield all make great polymer guns. go feel all of them and decide if you want a manual safe(hk) a grip safety(xd or xdm) or just the safe action trigger(glock). i love them all and plan on buying a glock for carry.

just my 2 cents

josh

If you are going to conceal it maybe think about the 4" service mod. XD its has a little smaller frame you loose 4 rounds in the mag but if you cant get the job done with 12 you probably cant get it done with 16 either

The XDM is a great gun. I own the XDM .40 and have a 9mm conversion barrel. The gun is accurate, reliable, and well built. I shoot it better than either the M&Ps or the Glocks, and the USP never felt right in my hand.

If you can, rent one and get a feel for it. Picking up the different guns and seeing which one feel best in your hands is helpful, but shooting them is what will really help.

+1 happy XDM owner.

Regards,
Nate

If I were going to carry a polymer frame, it would be an XDM, I don't like the grip angle on the Glock, and the XDM grips, and feels more like a 1911. I prefer a steel framed gun just in case I have to pistol-whip somebody.

CZ makes a poly frame too, a friend of mine had one, and I was impressed with it.

love my xdm 40. shoots good and accurate, I'm not nice or good to it and it has yet to jam ftf or let me down in anyway. def shoots and feels better than a glock. highly reccomended but just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...just not sure on the gun as it is polymer.</div></div>
Where have you been the last 10+yrs bro? Most LE agencies I can think of use Glocks and I can think of at least a half dozen militaries throughout the world that use polymer pistols.

I don't have a XDm .40, but I have the XDm 9mm and love it
grin.gif

Was at the range and some dude let me test drive 2 mags through his...3 days later I bought one and couldn't be happier.

My parents bought one and I worked with them on shooting the gun. I personally own 2 XD40's, and 2 XD45's, and I was kinda impressed with the XD(M). Theirs is a .40 and it's overall a great gun except with my personal belief that the grip is just a little too long. I tried it in my IWB holster for my XD40 5" and the grip just printed a little too much for my taste.

I like the ability to change out the grip size as my dad has large hands and my moms are not so big. They can change the grips out w/in a very, very short time and get back to shooting. I told them the better option is to buy another one and each can have their own 'setup'.

The gun itself was quite accurate and after I put on the TruGlo TFO's, it was a great setup for them. They're primarily use for it is home defense as they don't have CCW's yet, so the printing problem isn't a big deal. They put a heavier spring in it to help mom w/ the recoil as her wrists were giving her some problems, but the heavier weight spring helped out that problem.

Just thought I'd give my $.02 and personal experience with it. I doubt you'll be disappointed... if you are let me know and maybe I'll buy it.
smile.gif

How did a heavier spring help your mom's wrist? Most competition shooters are putting lighter springs in their guns to reduce recoil.

I have the Spring XDm in 45 and could not be happier. Even though the 45 is heavier round I'm sure the differences between that and the 40 cannot be much. I qualified for my CCW license on my XDm and out of the box felt it shot better than my more expensive Sig 220 and Spring 1911. This is a great backup weapon and the ability to conceal it is well worth the investment. If you also take into account that most shops are selling the XDm as a package deal for less than $600... mine came with two mags, two mag polymer pouch, speadloader, polymer holster and a decent case... you can't go wrong!

Thanks for all the responses and feedback been very helpful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBarks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Spring XDm in 45 and could not be happier. Even though the 45 is heavier round I'm sure the differences between that and the 40 cannot be much. I qualified for my CCW license on my XDm and out of the box felt it shot better than my more expensive Sig 220 and Spring 1911. This is a great backup weapon and the ability to conceal it is well worth the investment. If you also take into account that most shops are selling the XDm as a package deal for less than $600... mine came with two mags, two mag polymer pouch, speadloader, polymer holster and a decent case... you can't go wrong! </div></div>

an XDM in .45 that's concealable? must be one of the new prototypes, lol...newbies

Yeah I haven't had a chance to shoot the XDm .45 yet. Any way someone could get their hands on one so I could try it out?
whistle.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigBarks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the Spring XDm in 45 and could not be happier. Even though the 45 is heavier round I'm sure the differences between that and the 40 cannot be much. I qualified for my CCW license on my XDm and out of the box felt it shot better than my more expensive Sig 220 and Spring 1911. This is a great backup weapon and the ability to conceal it is well worth the investment. If you also take into account that most shops are selling the XDm as a package deal for less than $600... mine came with two mags, two mag polymer pouch, speadloader, polymer holster and a decent case... you can't go wrong! </div></div>

I apologize a 1000 times. I have the XD Compact in .45 not the XDm. My wife has the XDm in 9mm. We both have our ccw and love these models.

Personally, Im not a fan of the XDs that Ive shot, but one of my best friends swears by his.

As for polymer, almost every agency that I know of issues a polymer pistol. They run flawlessly. Why the hesitation about polymer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did a heavier spring help your mom's wrist? Most competition shooters are putting lighter springs in their guns to reduce recoil. </div></div>

Replacing the spring means replacing the operating rod as well. Probably used a heavier single piece rod. The extra weight would reduce recoil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an XDM in 9MM.. 20 rounds in the gun, easy to function, its a nice piece. I put Tru Glo Sights on it(Tritium/lightpipes).. its the hot ticket. </div></div>

If you don't mind me asking how much did the Tru Glo run you? My wife has the XDm and I have the XD and would like to do the same. We have ours for ccw and it would be nice to have.

I like mine and shoot it much better than my Glock. The loaded chamber indicator, cocked indicator, grip/trigger has the best of all competitors combined. The front slide serrations and convertable grip are also nice amenities. The longer grip does tend to profile a little more for concealed carry. The only gripe I have is the grips are a little sharp and wear a rash on my side if I dont wear an undershirt.

Havent used them myself, but have read a few forum posts from guys highly satisfied with the new trigger and "bling" parts available form these guys:
http://powderriverprecision.com/

S&W M&P is a nicer setup IMO

I love my XDm 40! My only complaint is the length of the handle. I don't carry it in the summer.....but I'm also small framed fella. I think the trigger is a good design and Springfield did a lot to improve on the great design of the Glock. Just my opinion.