• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Springsteen got it right

Re: Springsteen got it right

Born in the USA and his political supports.

Definitions of 'contradiction'

(noun)

The act of contradicting.
The state of being contradicted.
A denial.
Inconsistency; discrepancy.
Something that contains contradictory elements.

Synonyms
antagonism
antithesis
contradistinction
contraposition
contrariety
contrariness
opposition
polarity
denial
disaffirmance
disaffirmation
disclaimer
negation
rejection
IDIOT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

wirehand

IDIOT</div></div>

Screw that libtard, non-talented, Bob Dillon lookin, M-F'er. Not doggin you cleaner. I get your sentiment, but that dick's political views is anything but American.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but that dick's political views is anything but American.</div></div>

Right up there with kayne west, the dixie chicks and that gay guy from U2.

Actually, America was founded on some pretty radical and dissenting views.

So back on topic, what does Springsteen mean in the line, (from "Blinded by the light"),

"Wrapped up like a douche, you know the runner in the night"?

laugh.gif

LOL QQ...

I have a feeling we may never know, and I don't consider that a bad thing.

It's "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night."
A deuce is 60s slang for a 1932 Ford aka “deuce coupe.”

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So back on topic, what does Springsteen mean in the line, (from "Blinded by the light"),

"Wrapped up like a douche, you know the runner in the night"?</div></div>

I thought that was Manfred Mann. ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night."
</div></div>

Queequeg knows this, he was trying to get a rise out of his southern Virginia pal.

You however have either great knowledge of music, (and automobile slang), beyond your tender years or good Google Fu!

Eddie,

Manfred Mann covered it back in '75' IIRC, but Springsteen wrote and performed it first.

On another note,

From "Born to Run",

What kind of town "rips the balls from your back" and what would they be doing there anyway?

The balls that is...

BONES not balls..., balls would be stupid. If you want to try to interpret lyrics, try Steve Miller. For instance, what exactly is "the pompitous of love?"

QQ, that just happened to be one I know. I really like a dance remix of the song and like 3-4 years ago my friend and I were listening and thought it said "douche." So we looked it up. It was just a little trivia fact I don't think I'll forget. A great mystery, solved! lol

laugh.gif
[/quote] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, America was founded on some pretty radical and dissenting views.</div></div>

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Minx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's "revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night."
</div></div>

Queequeg knows this, he was trying to get a rise out of his southern Virginia pal.

You however have either great knowledge of music, (and automobile slang), beyond your tender years or good Google Fu!

Eddie,

Manfred Mann covered it back in '75' IIRC, but Springsteen wrote and performed it first.

On another note,

From "Born to Run",

What kind of town "rips the balls from your back" and what would they be doing there anyway?

The balls that is... </div></div>

I remember the Manfred Mann version because it was playing on an AM station at 0910, 26 December 1976 as I approached an intersection to turn left. With the sun in my eyes, I did not see the white Olds and hit it head on.

Still hate the song. Never was much of a Springsteen fan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, America was founded on some pretty radical and dissenting views. </div></div>

Yes, Thank you as well
Bruce will find much dissention here.
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BONES not balls..., balls would be stupid. If you want to try to interpret lyrics, try Steve Miller. For instance, what exactly is "the pompitous of love?" </div></div>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+pompitous+of+love

One of my favorite quotes from some unknown disk jockey
"If Bruce Springsteen is boss I quit!"

When I was younger I listened to Springsteen's music. But the guy is such a liberal puke that he just makes me sick. When his music comes on the radio I turn him off. I do not hate him as much as Hanoi Jane(I could pull the switch on her). But he is a close second. Tom.