• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Springtime trail cam pics

NVP

Minuteman
Oct 17, 2006
Indiana
MDGC0355.jpg

MDGC0259.jpg

MDGC0094.jpg

MDGC0083.jpg

Re: Springtime trail cam pics

You could see the same things up here in Central NY, but biologically speaking; the further North you go, the colder the average, and the bigger critters need to be to conserve enough body heat to survive the winter. Quite a lot of the does dress out between 150 and 170lb up here. For meat, doesn't pay to shoot the Big Boys, they run toward the tough side.

I hunt MEAT.

I make Stew, Speedies, Chili, and Teryaki Jerky. For the rest of my cooking, the butcher has what I need. My pantry has a lot of quart canning jars in it.

I have never been able to make and hide a batch of Jerky my Granddaughter couldn't find and wolf down. Got a nose on her, she does...

At least she shares..., sometimes, even with me....

She's twelve now, good lookin', set's a horse real good, and gettyin' crafty; look out, world... 'Nuther year or two and she'll be out there baggin' 'er own...

Greg

Greg, I know exactly what your talking about, I was Born/Raised in Herkimer (outside of Utica) Back when it was slugs only. My first license down here is for 6 deer 3 bucks/3 does and then you can buy more Doe tags for $12 for 6. Smaller deer down here but there is tons of em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Teryaki Jerky.</div></div>

Care to PM me that recipe?
laugh.gif
Sounds like it'd be worth trying.

Scott,

Looks like you got a couple of nice bucks in there. What are you usein in your feeder. I'm tryin an Antler King Block at one of the cameras and have been impressed with it so far.

Oh yeah, I hunt HEADS. No disrespect to you Greg but I just haven't acquired the taste. Not to say I haven't had some well prepared venison, but all of mine go to FHFH (Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry). Maybe you could send PM me the Teryaki recipe as well.

I hunt heads too. Thats where I aim so I dont waste meat.
laugh.gif

Very nice. Yet another good reason to head hunt.

Just corn,i've tryed a bunch of other stuff, Makes a mess of the feeder. Keep a salt block out there too. The kicker is how close it is to my house.See the target in the woods,thats where they are. Here's a couple from last year. Love hunting and Shooting deer but I just watch these and take there picture,I guess if one was big enough,Maybe...
Guns829.jpg

DeerCam8342.jpg

Fawns.jpg

WhenPervertsAttack.jpg

Thats a nice looking young buck in the 2nd pic.

Did you put doe pee on that bow target? LOL horny little bastard he is. Just like a human teenager.

No,didn't put anything on it,he was at it for 2 nights,ALL night. Any port in a storm
smile.gif
I sent that pic to Mackenzie Targets. Got like 700 pics of him trying. Then the next night one tryed to attack it.
DeerCam9143.jpg

DeerCam9142-1.jpg

DeerCam9141.jpg

DeerCam1915.jpg

That is just too damn funny!! You could have at least went out and cut out a hole for the poor guy and inserted a pocket pussy! LOL

Lowry's seasoned salt, coarse ground black pepper, onion powder, liquid smoke, teryaki and soy sauces.

Combine all the ingredients but the black pepper.

Slice meat on a deli slicer about 1/8" thick.

Place meat slices and ingredients (without black pepper) into a plastic bag in the fridge overnight.

Remove meat and drain, then sprinkle to taste with coarse ground black pepper (pepper should never be used in a marinade).

Arrange slices criss-crossed on a metal rack in an electric broiler, set temp for 200* and check every 20 minutes or so until jerky is the desired consistency. Turn over and reqarrange slices periodically during drying process.

Enjoy.

When you pack it in plastic bags, include a folded paper towel to absorb moisture and keep the moisture close to the meat. Otherwise it will get too crunchy. Moisture eventually migrates right through the plastic. The paper toweling will stretch the shelf life, but in my house, shelf life is not an issue, only the long wait until next season.

Greg

This is my first post so i figured i would put up a couple pics from this past month.

SUNP0006.jpg

SUNP0048.jpg

SUNP0075.jpg

SUNP0031.jpg

Greg,

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try.

Does around here have probably given birth in the last week or so, I'm goin out today to take a look at this years new crop. In the mean time here are few from a couple weeks ago that could have gone any time.

MDGC0182.jpg

MDGC0366.jpg

MDGC0476.jpg