• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Springwater Match (Results)

DanSavage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
N.Y.
We had a beautiful morning in Springwater.

F-Open
1.Tony L. 199/29X
2. Jim S. 199/29X
3. Dick T. 199/27X
4. Elliott H. 199/26X
5. Greg B. 199/22X
6. Ron D. 198/26X
7. Dave D, 197/20X
8. Steve K. 197/18X
9. Bob J. 194/17X
10. Tim O. 192/17X
11. Dan W. 191/20X
12. Robert E. 190/16X
13. Glenn B. 190/17X
14. Mike N. 189/16X

FT/R

1. Ron D. 188/14X
2. Dan W. 178/8X
3. Jeremy B. 177/13X

Say, John; do we have any news on upcoming Odessa Matches? I though I caught a word or two about one in May. I'm currently on our family Spring Break vacation in GA

Greg

I'm the Dan W. up there 191/20X in Open class with my homemade front rest like your's John, and rear bag shot from the bench. I also shot FT/R netting a 178/8x with my new .223 barrel, I'm borrowing the scope and stock from a friend and it's not working out in the prone posistion. The Choate Ultimate Sniper stock is to wobbly using the monopod that it has and the cross hairs were so thick the nearly covered the bull. My sighter's were pinwheel's then I would quickly fatigue and could not hold steady no matter how I tried to adjust my position trying not to use muscles, no dice just had 2 nerve blocks at the L4.L5 and have had a neck injury 12 years ago.

I see that Towanda P.A. is having 300 yard match's this year John, F-Open and FT-R, I'd like to make it down there at least once this year, and try to make a Clyde N.Y. shoot too. Odessa and Springwater are the closest for me and I'll try to make it to all of them. Greg, I heard the Odessa shoot dates will be posted on here real soon.

I forgot to add that the wind was nasty tricky I now I lost some points due to it. It wouldn't push the bullet too far at the shorter range but enough to through you out of the bull slightly if you aren't paying attention to the wind. I look forward to seeing you all at the range.

Last edited:
John, thanks for the update. I hear there's snow back home; we will be dealing with rain/wind (+hail?) and 70's today/tomorrow. Otherwise all is most excellent.

Dan; join us older guys on the bench, no stigma. Wracked up is wracked up; and if you are, that's the answer.

I'll be using the .30BR, but I'm throwing in the towel on the partial neck sizing technique. I also have a new scope to get on paper, so there will be some preliminary sessions to use up the current load and get a zero established.

I'm also looking to getting set up for .223 as well, maybe shoot it with the FV250 T/R contingent later in the season.

Greg

I'm the Dan W. up there 191/20X in Open class with my homemade front rest like your's John, and rear bag shot from the bench. I also shot FT/R netting a 178/8x with my new .223 barrel, I'm borrowing the scope and stock from a friend and it's not working out in the prone posistion. The Choate Ultimate Sniper stock is to wobbly using the monopod that it has and the cross hairs were so thick the nearly covered the bull. My sighter's were pinwheel's then I would quickly fatigue and could not hold steady no matter how I tried to adjust my position trying not to use muscles, no dice just had 2 nerve blocks at the L4.L5 and have had a neck injury 12 years ago.

I see that Towanda P.A. is having 300 yard match's this year John, F-Open and FT-R, I'd like to make it down there at least once this year, and try to make a Clyde N.Y. shoot too. Odessa and Springwater are the closest for me and I'll try to make it to all of them. Greg, I heard the Odessa shoot dates will be posted on here real soon.

I forgot to add that the wind was nasty tricky I now I lost some points due to it. It wouldn't push the bullet too far at the shorter range but enough to through you out of the bull slightly if you aren't paying attention to the wind. I look forward to seeing you all at the range.

good shootin Dan...