• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPS 300WSM Varmint

SNOW

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2003
Jackson, MS
Have one sitting here about to be sent to the smith to fit up a #7 Broughton. I'm scared to shoot it because if it shoots well I will prob put the build on hold. This wouldn't be a bad idea because I need to move up in scopes instead of building another rifle.

Question is are any of you guys shooting this rifle and if so please share load data and results.

Re: SPS 300WSM Varmint

Chris, I dont have a 300wsm but do have one in 308 win and it's a darn good shooter straight out of the box, crappy stock and all. You can search my name and find the post about it. I just posted my latest on it in the photo gallery.My original plans were to use the action for a .260 build but I am tickled that I shot it and found it's a shooter. Thinking you should at least do the same.

Chris,

I have the exact same gun, and it shoots pretty damn good with factory crap ammo. I'm talking the cheapest stuff I can get my hands on.

I highly recommend you shoot that stick first, you have NOTHING to lose, and may be able to direct your money elsewhere.

I don't reload yet but I've started collecting different loads from what some of the guys around hear say they like. It's in my computer at work. I'll dig it up for you, no problem. If I forget, just send me a pm as a reminder.

-Pat

Buy another handle for it.

That thing is going to shoot like a bat-outa-hell and you know it!
grin.gif

Thanks guys. Acutally did all the brass prep today, primed, and loaded 5 dif loads using RE17. I hope all the flash about this being THE powder for WSMs is true. Plan on sending them down range tomorrow. I have an A5 in the works for it also
smile.gif