• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPS Tac?

Swan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
San Diego, CA
Local shop has a Rem 700 .308 in. When I looked closer it was indeed the heavy 20in barrel but the stock looked kinda like the ones on the LTD, I think... Black with those odd inserts.

This is definitely not like the other sps tacs I've seen. Anyone have info? And they were asking $699... seems a bit high.

Re: SPS Tac?

Some SPS Tac's come's with the Varmint or VTR looking stocks. Also the price seems a little high. I bought mine from Budsgunshop for $550.00 shipped and it came with the Hogue stock.

I'd say its a bit high too. Got mine a couple weeks ago for $570 shipped with the Varmint stock. Outfit i got mine from said there was a price increase coming of about $20. Look around, there's better prices out there.

Hell that's higher than MSRP ($681 MSRP from Remington) My last SPS Tactical was $525 NIB from gunbroker about three months ago.

Also, those plastic stocks are absolute crap. At least the pillar bedded hogue will shoot alright 'till you can get something better...

$699 is high. The stock you are talking about was on the one that was delivered to me by a local dealer. The one he had in his store had the Hogue stock, but when mine came in it had the same stock as my son's youth .243. It was a complete piece of junk. He contacted his supplier and they told him that they came with whatever of those two stocks were available. They refunded my money when they couldn't get it replaced with the Hougue stock. The plastic stock did not allow any float on the tube.