• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sps tactical 308 for hunting and target

supersnake6

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2010
va
hello to all. ive read this forum alot and decided to join. i currently own a 700adl in 270 and my wife has a sps youth 308.her gun drops deer like crazy and now im wanting to get into precision shooting. both guns are tacks but its time for somthing new. im looking into the sps tactical in 308. i like the short bull barrel and the weight.i will be hunting 200yds or less, lots of brush and mtns, but also want somthing to reach to 600-800yds for paper.theres alot of talk about the stock being crap. im no precision shooter, but i like my synthetic adl ok. i have about $1200 to spend on gun and glass.am i fooling myself by wanting a tack driver for this kind of money. thanks in advance for any help

Re: sps tactical 308 for hunting and target

I think you are doing good on the sps. they ae just under 600 bucks and then i would buy a vortex pst from our group buy section.

This would be a pretty nice setup, but dont forget about a good base and a good set of rings. Gonna be close to 150-200 right there. I suggest seekins rings. Scott at liberty optics carries the scope and rings.