• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sps tactical .308

bigtater80

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2010
central louisiana
local gunsmith has one for $569. I recently sold my '06 back to the guy I bought it from and I'm really pining for a .308 to tinker with since it seems to just be an accurate round. Is this a decent price? I just liked this gun and think I might put it on layaway if the wife don't flip out. Seems like a good way to do some cheaper shooting and I got my cheap sniper rifle. Plus it will get my buds to quit driving me about my handi rifle on yote hunts. Now if I can just get one of them counter sniper scopes everybody says are so good...........

Re: sps tactical .308

If its brand new yeah its a good price. Seriously Google is your friend.
:| 590$ online for a new one, so i think 570 is a more than fair deal, considering shipping charges non existent

yeah it is new. He has had it for a while he said and originally had it for 599. Wish I had the cash I got a feeling I could get it for less. Kinda weird finding it like that I never noticed it till today. I'm gonna put it on layaway though it'll be a great christmas present for me.

Very accurate if your loading your own. Load mine out to .002-.003 to get this. 5 shot 100 yds.
The stock needs to go. I don't like it. I don't like how it flexes on the bi-pod. McMillan or AICS could fix that if I had a grand to blow.

DSC02265.jpg

DSC02351.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Decent price and may have a rebate on it right now. Check Remington web site to see about that.
</div></div>

I checked the rebate and the SPS "Tactical" was not on the list that I could see, it was just the SPS regular. I dont know if they would honor the SPS tactical since it is not specifically mentioned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TypeR632</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very accurate if your loading your own. Load mine out to .002-.003 to get this. 5 shot 100 yds.
The stock needs to go. I don't like it. I don't like how it flexes on the bi-pod. McMillan or AICS could fix that if I had a grand to blow.

DSC02265.jpg

DSC02351.jpg
</div></div>

Man that's a good group! I'm really wanting one now! Just a neat lookin little gun.

How much of a handicap is that 20" barrel gonna be when it comes to velocity?

I put a choate tactical on mine, it is a VERY good stock, much better than the varmint or ultimate sniper.

The B&C light tactical is a very good stock that would set you back about 230 bucks, it is the same stock Rem uses on the XCR light tactical rifle.
They also make a fully adjustable stock for about 400.

Check the for sale forum, their are always used HS stocks their for around $200. I'll be selling one their shortly. The Hogue stock was the first thing to go on mine, that rubber really pissed me off the way it caught on everything.