• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPS Tactical

Gunnut105

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2007
PA
Is Remington discontinuing the SPS tactical? I asked my dealer to order me one and his distributer told him they are discontinued.
As poplular as they are right now, I would be surprized if this were true!

Re: SPS Tactical

She's a goner fella's. A shame, nice entry level stick. There's still a few floating around, just gotta look for them.

I was at a gun show last week , and was talking to one of the venders that I always talk with a bit. He said the same thing, but, he also said that about mid year they was going to offer another rifle that is basicaly the same with a better stock. The manufacturer of the the stock to be used was in limbo.

It makes some sense due to the fact the SPS stock used now cause was such a dud and Remington caught alot of flack over it.

the houge lasted about as long as it took for me to find the allen wrench set once it walked through my front door.

doing a quick re-enactment it times out to about 00:00:55

If they're launching something similar but in a better stock, then it's a good thing. As it is, it was probably eating into PSS and LTR sales. $550 for the rifle - $45-$60 for the Hogue + $150-$250 for a used HS stock and you're good to go. Mine looks nice in a new 5R stock I was lucky to grab but I have a PSS stock heading my way for a comparison purposes.

i think it was semi-smart marketing.
with a rebate i got a brand new remington with a varmint barrel for $500, if anything it was cutting into savage 10fp sales (same price) since LTR and PSS both live comfy in the 900-1000 range.

the hogue stock was a joke in the form of keeping prices low.

The Hogue stock may have been a joke, but was a better stock than that of wich came on the regular SPS, that stock was a joke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think it was semi-smart marketing.
with a rebate i got a brand new remington with a varmint barrel for $500, if anything it was cutting into savage 10fp sales (same price) since LTR and PSS both live comfy in the 900-1000 range.

the hogue stock was a joke in the form of keeping prices low. </div></div>

It took a good bite out of FN sales I'm guessing as well.

I hope the next rifle is in the same price range. It filled a nice niche.

yea the only reason i wanted to buy the SPS tactical was for the barreled action. so i new better stock isnt helping me to much.. i am wanting to build a 223 bolt gun