• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SPS-V 600yrds+?

newby

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2008
Rep of Ireland
What it says on the tin, will a .308 sps-v shoot out to or past 600yrds using match .308?(ill allow for pillar bedding to the factory stock)

Any opinions thoughts or proof welcome that it will, i intend replacing the factory stock but im just wondering can it do it off the shelf?

Re: SPS-V 600yrds+?

yeah with the right ammo it will make it out to 1K with the right driver. But dont go swinging for the fences if you havent slung lead out that far yet it will only frustrate you. I had a 20 sps tactical that got out to 1k

A little tuning and upgrade, you can easily stretch that out to 1K.

thanks lads, no im just wondering about possible performance for down the road, buying a rifle in ireland has become a bit of an ordeal and its a rather large pain in the a$$ to go changing rifles

Drop it in a new stock, and roll with it. I had mine shooting 168 amaxs to a grand, I just had Roscoe cut it down to 20" but have not shot it yet, maybe Sunday. Good luck, for the price, mine shoots great for a factory rig.

Yep. The SPS-V action will work at 1000 yards with the correct ammo and shooter.

I didn't try for that far with the factory stock. I have run mine out that far with the B&C Light Tactical stock I have now. It works fine.