• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr 4001 Cantilever?

UIUCPPQ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2012
All,

I have recently set up a rifle with a Spuhr 4001. I note that it has 5 clamping screws instead of 4 and their site describes the purpose behind this as being so the user can mount the rifle in a cantilever fashion.

Can someone describe to me what they mean by this? If it means I can remove the fifth screw and mount it one slot farther forward, that would be perfect.

Thank you.

All,

I have recently set up a rifle with a Spuhr 4001. I note that it has 5 clamping screws instead of 4 and their site describes the purpose behind this as being so the user can mount the rifle in a cantilever fashion.

Can someone describe to me what they mean by this? If it means I can remove the fifth screw and mount it one slot farther forward, that would be perfect.

Thank you.
that's what it means yes

Just so that anyone ever searching this has additional confirmation:

At the time I posted this, I also emailed Spuhr about this question. I wasn’t sure how responsive they are having very little interaction with them. Turns out, Spuhr is quite helpful and responsive to questions. According to Spuhr, and as B6Graham confirmed above, my understanding is correct about the fifth screw. If you have a Spuhr 4001 with 5 clamping screws, the fifth screw can be removed to allow you to mount with the remaining 4. This allows extra mounting flexibility and, at least in my case, allowed me to end up with just the fit I needed between the ISMS and the picatinney it was sitting on.

Thanks all.