• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spuhr 4801 or 4901

Mchase85

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2019
I have a Tikka CTR 260 rem. That I picked up for a great price and decided it would be a great platform to try with the Arken SH4 GEN2 6-24x50. So rifles in hand and scope should be on its way soon so I need a mount. I want at least 30 moa in the mount which the 4901 will give me but I wondered if the 4801 44.4 moa may be a better choice to maximize range or if it will be a little too much. The total travel in the scope is 108.8 moa so the math works with both but I would definitely be at that upper end of the scope adjustment for a 100 yard zero. Thoughts? Is there another option in that 30 moa + bracket someone thinks is better?

youll be fine with a 13 mil (44.4moa) mount. i run 40moa with a Strike Eagle and 20moa+6mil with a Razon Gen 2 both of which are 30ish mil travel

there's nothing wrong with a 9 mil though it takes a pretty far distance to take full advantage of that much elevation