• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Spuhr A-700 Clip On Adapter?

I've been looking at these for about a year. When I went to finally go buy one, they (Mile High) were out of stock. And this is a BAD out of stock, because the Spuhr websight says they are out of stock also. I've set up "notify when back in stock" for both websites. I've added to wish lists. And I've called. I'll probably get at least two of them, maybe 4 if they ever make any more of them.

Advantages over stocks are weight, weight distribution and of course no need to buy a chassis. For me, chassis wind up costing a good bit more, weigh more and put more weight farther forward. Also, easier to move scopes around from rifle to rifle, without having to move barrelled actions around in chassis from rifle to rifle.

But it would be nice if someone had used one, so we can know about how adjustable the A-0700 is, etc.

Here is some data from the Spuhr site ...

https://shopcdn.textalk.se/shop/30857/art54/29201654-fe9753-A-700_NV_Clip-On_Adapter.pdf

Note recommended for above 7.62x51 NATO.

Reactions: GUNNER75
For now, I am using the PRI rails as a substitute ...

40362965123_e85df60363_h.jpg

https://www.precisionreflex.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1100079

They have about 8 or so different flavors. That's ^^ the one I have ... so far, so good. It is just a long scope base, with sides added for strength.

It saved 1.6 oz over the KRG bravo spigot and NV mount solution and moved the weight farther to the rear and provided a continuous rail so the clipons can go where they need to be instead of where the tiny, short little NV mount wants them to be. Disadvantage over the A-0700 is the base doesn't go with the scope, if I move the scope to a different rifle, so the A-700 still looks like a better idea, but they are currently unobtanium, so that makes them not a viable idea at this time.

I have one. It is solid. I liked it. I simply never got around to using my PVS 22 on a bolt gun. I did not end up using it just put it on and checked it out. Still in box. PM if interested.

Thanks to @GUNNER75 for starting this thread !!

Thanks to @rth1800 for reading and posting !

The result is I will now get to try the A-0700 and report back here.

I already have 5 of the spuhr ISMS for 5 of my scopes. My hope is the A-0700 will allow me to move clipon capabiity around from bolt gun to bolt gun (4 such) without having to buy chassis for all of them, without have to move barrelled actions around and without having to move the PRI rail/scope base around. Moving a spuhr ISMS attachment around will be far easier.

Aye, same with the PRI rails, though perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. So yup, might break the heads off the screws on the scope base. If that ever happens, I'll probably upgrade the scope base screws, though that will require GS work drilling them out.

Life is full of trade-offs :)

LOL I decided I couldn’t live with the trade offs so I bought my own cnc machine.
3B2FB67B-50DE-4959-B16D-C8A3F00F7F14.jpeg

Aye, same with the PRI rails, though perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. So yup, might break the heads off the screws on the scope base. If that ever happens, I'll probably upgrade the scope base screws, though that will require GS work drilling them out.

Life is full of trade-offs :)

Reactions: wigwamitus
:D ... but that had a different "trade off" !!!

Yup. I traded $5k or so for the ability to say “fuck it the CNC will do that..”. and about 10,000 hours of fun before I wear it out.

Average movie = $10 an hour.
CNC run time? $4 an hour or so.

Between the parts I have made for my CZ race gun and the night vision stuff I have gotten about $500 ROI.

My next thing I’m going to make is a charging handle for the Sig Mcx/Virtus that allows the use of a .22lr conversion kit.

My neighbor has a CNC ... but his next step after getting it was to call me and say "What do I do next?"
Unfortunately, I do not think he has the time or learning skills to use it ...
I have a buddy coming for a visit that has been using a CNC for several years. We will see if he can get it working this summer.

I was the cnc guy at a gun company for a long time - so my building of it was less impulse than it was practical.

I actually built this sucker lol. Reminds me I need to tune its axis a bit tighter. i have a bit of backlash

Reactions: deersniper
Ok just received the A-700 that I got from rth1800 ...

All the parts were accounted for and there was even one extra screw of each of the three types and one extra washer !!!

33611542598_e9fccb1ac4_k.jpg

So threw it all together and whaa laa ...

32546550517_5c169cbf0a_k.jpg

The issue (which I did not expect) is that it is not possible to put the UTC-x on the rail with the rail and scope in place. This is because for the UTC-x the rail grabber latch is on the right side ... and when open would be inside the gun barrel.

So that means, the A-700 has to be removed and added when the UTC-x is removed and added. Now, this would not be the case for a PVS-30 for instance as the PVS-30 latch is on the left side of the unit ...

43478502375_6cf8cea376_k.jpg

So, I will need to cogitate upon the trade-offs of the A-700 versus the PRI rail ...

40362965123_cea4bcfddb_k.jpg

==
In general, the pro of the A-700 is that it works for non-REM700 actions, where as the PRI rail I have only works for REM700 SA.
And moving the A-700 around would not require moving the scope base around. The PRI rail is the scope base.

the PRI rail is 13 oz
The A-700 is 7 oz

They are the same length out front. The front of the PRI rail = the front of the A-700 so they have the same usable rail space in front of any scope I would use.

I can move the A-700 around from Spuhr mount to Spuhr mount without even having to move the scopes.

In order to be in the business of mounting and dismounting the A-700 for the UTC-x, I would need extra screws, washers and spacer inserts. Then field movement of the rail would be possible (as even if I drop some, I have spares). But without lots of replacements, otherwise, the UTC-x would have to be mounted in the house and left on during vehicle moves. And I'd rather not do that as then the gun wouldn't fit in the Pelican.

If I'm going on foot from my house, that is fine, I often mount the UTC-x i the house then.

==

Live is full of trade-offs !!! :D

Other option is to remove the whole scope when doing vehicle/gun in the case moves and then mount scope and clipon when ready to uncase. That would be way easier and less risky in terms of losing parts. And the spuhr mount with 4 mounting screws should be very repeatable ... probably not sub 0.5 moa repeatable but for night work it would be fine ... then "fine tune" zero next time I'm shooting dots. Yeah, that sounds a LOT easier. :)

... How about a flex comparison? Thoughts?

Well EVERYTHING flexes under the recoil pulse ... but the rail is pretty stiff and the fact that is "twists" makes it stronger. The weakspot of all the "long rails" is the screw heads holding them on to the receiver. And this is just a fancy long rail. The PRI rail is an unfancy long rail. The documentation says do not use for over 7.62x51 NATO ... and that's even carved into the long rail itself.

==

... if in about a month you decide you want to offload that rail ...

Never say never, but I've been wanting one for a year ... and now that I finally got one ... I think I'll keep it .. .at least until I get another 2-3 of them ! :D

Hey you haven't actually "tried" yet ... you just talked about trying in the future ... try again when the time comes ... who knows ?? :)

Reactions: Eliteuas
... I got the heads up a batch is heading to the US ...

@GUNNER75 so you think this was a trust worthy source giving this data ? As to the "where" it should be MH, they are the Spuhr distributor. Do you have any data on "when" ??

My hope is 100 new ones will hit the shores next week and everyone can have as many as they want :)

@GUNNER75 so you think this was a trust worthy source giving this data ? As to the "where" it should be MH, they are the Spuhr distributor. Do you have any data on "when" ??

My hope is 100 new ones will hit the shores next week and everyone can have as many as they want :)
LOL, yeah you could say the info is legit. His last name is Spuhr. Where, unfortunately I was not given that information but I would assume MH is on the top of the list.

Well, Got my two A-700's and A-0029's for my two rifles without EFR. Hitch in my plan though.

I'm running SP-5001's 0MIL/0MOA. MK8 3.5-25 (H59).

I'm either going to have to machine a relief cut in the A700 for the 56mm obj or...............?

Or machine the stocks for Badger EFR's (maybe KMW EFR).

Dang it. I thought I had everything covered on this.

***Edit, I bought two A-700's, one for my two comp rifles, and one for a scope/mount set up to transfer around on a buddies rifle/a rimfire application.

Welcome to the "A-700 almost worked for me" club :( ... skyscrapin and I both joined a few weeks ago ... though the reason it didn't work for me had to do with the UTC-x having a right side opening latch.
Skyscrapin had multiple issues, but the show stopper was same as yours ... the A-700 doesn't work for all the ISMS mounts.

I better get in touch with that trust worthy source and see if he has any ideas before giving up.

I have a very nice Manors folder with EFR for Rem short action. Also a long action non folder with EFR if interested.

Hmmm, let me see what else I have on order. Info on the SA? Color, model, etc?