• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr mount advice

RollinCoal11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2010
GA
Looking to get a Spuhr for my new AI AXMC short action. I'm thinking of going with 20moa mount. What moa do you guys recommend

Thanks

Last edited:
If I recall, the AXMC has a 20 MOA rail like my AT. That would give you 40 MOA total. It depends on how far you are shooting and what cartridge you are shooting.

You just want to make sure that you have have enough elevation travel left over to properly zero at your preferred distance.

I use rings with no further cant so I have 20 MOA total. If I ever get away from rings, I would probably add another 10 MOA for a total of 30.

Thanks guys, it does have a 20moa rail. I didn't know if some guys were adding to it. I guess a 0 cant is all I need

Reactions: Stoweit
20 moa should be more than enough for most calibers/ranges unless you are going ELR

Reactions: RollinCoal11
I've got a NF 5-25 F1 in a 20 MOA SPUHR mount, on a 20 MOA base. Being able to dial out to a mile with a 308 Winchester is nice. The only thing I haven't tested yet is whether or not having your erector (not sure is correct term) set that far from center effects optical performance. There has been a time or two where my reticle went fuzzy, not sure if it was my eyes, diopter, or a side effect of the scope being near it limit of travel.

Last edited:
I use Spuhr rings on my AI AT 6.5CM. My AT has 20MOA in the rail. Using my S&B PMII 5-25, I’m able to dial 21 mils. I’m at a mile 1760 yds at 23 mils. So with my set up, I’ve made hits at a mile by dialing 21, and holding 2 mils in my reticle. Just giving you that as a point of reference to work with. I could see maybe going 30 MOA total, but I wouldn’t go more.