• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr mount-AIAE

cramey74

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2011
Joplin Mo
Okay I have my scope worries out of the way, now I'm on to the mount. I was going to use an AI mount on my new S&B 5-25X56 but now I think I will go with a spuhr. My question is will the 1.18" 20 MOA work with my AE? I have seen them used on the 50mm but not the 56mm. Any input would be appreciated. Chris R.

To use a Spuhr mount, you will have to replace the rail with a full Picatinny spec rail. The factory rails on the AEs have interrupted slots that do not provide the best mounting options with a Spuhr.

The 1.18" should work with the appropriate rail and a 56mm objective.

My english is not the best, so maybe i misunderstood, but does Spuhr not make mounts especially for AI rifles...so you do not need to have a picatinny rail installed? Same as for the TRG.

Spuhr - Mounts for AI

The Spuhr mounts are intended for the dovetail cut into AW receivers. The AE has a bolt on rail, with aftermarket alternatives from Farrell and Murphy Precision.

The Spuhr 1.18" mount works fine on an AIAE provided you switch the factory rail to a Murphy or Farrel rail with slots the full length of the rail. I run a Murphy rail & Spuhr picatinny mount on my AIAE with an S&B 5-25.

I did buy a murphy pic rail with my SRUHR mount, but you can run it with the AI rail if you put it all the way forward or all the backward. You have to turn the rail around to achieve one or the other. I just put a 0moa rail on it with a 20.6moa mount. The 1.16" height works really well with the 5-25X56 S&B. Chris R.

I couldn't find the answer I was looking for on this and wound up spending $200 more than I needed to for a Murphy titanium rail. I need a bit more height due to my size of my watermelon head and went with the SP-3006 (1.38"). I was told by MHSA when I ordered the SPUHR that I needed a full pic rail to make it work. Not so...the 1.38" and the 1.5" have a single rail which fit fine on the stock AIAE rail. Murphy's was great to deal with so I hate to send the new bone back but it really isn't needed unless you use the 1.16" mount. This is my setup on the AIAE MKIII.

Attachments

• Spuhr 1.jpg
    Spuhr 1.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 18
  • SPUHR 2.jpg
    SPUHR 2.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I did buy a murphy pic rail with my SRUHR mount, but you can run it with the AI rail if you put it all the way forward or all the backward. You have to turn the rail around to achieve one or the other.

Yes, here is mine with a factory base.