• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr mount and an NX8 2.5-20x50

kmontang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Dallas, TX
I was looking. at buying a Spuhr (probably SP-3601) to mount an NX8 2.5-20x50 to the new rifle I just ordered. I have all these things at work, so I decided to mock-up the set up to make sure everything fit before I purchased the scope and mount. Due to the NX8's EXTREMELY short front tube section, the mount fits way tighter between the bell and the turrets than anything I've owned before. Should I be concerned about this and go with a different mount? I've heard from other (cheaper) optics manufacturers that any pressure within a 1/2 inch of the bell or turret is bad, especially near the turret as it could affect tracking. My thought was Nightforce is supposed to be bulletproof, so send it, but I figured I'd check here for input before I did. With this combo, Id be looking at maybe a millimeter of clearance on either side of the 'ring' part of the mount.

Have the exact same question for NX8 2.5-20x50 on a tikka. Have existing Seekins rings originally for a vortex pst gen 2 5-25x50, but would like to upgrade to Spuhr monolithic if possible for this upgraded scope... Did you end up getting it, as I see your post is about a year old?