• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SPUHR mount and Premier Heritage advice requested

mickg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2007
Stony Brook, NY
A bit stumped on this...

I have a Remington 700 with a EGW HD 20 MOA base, on which I have a +6MIL (~20MOA) SPUHR mount, in which I have a PH 5-25.

Thus, the total inclination is +40MOA - but the problem is that the crosshair is too far below the bore line, even at max elevation adjustment (around the 0 mark) - rifle cannot be sighted in at 100 yards at all.

If I invert the scope in the SPUHR, thus having the SPUHR cancel out the 20MOA mount, when the PH scope maxed out on elevation (around the 0 mark), the reticle is almost centered on the bore line - 1.3 mil off the max elevation the rifle is sighted in at 100 yards.

This means that even if I had a 0 MOA mount with a 20 MOA SPUHR, I would not be able to sight it in at 100 yards...

Is this normal, and if not, what could be the problem?

Thanks

Re: SPUHR mount and Premier Heritage advice requested

One thing to remember though is that the PH has a zero stop that you are supposed to set at the 100 yd zero so that becomes your bottom. If you've run it to 0 you still have more travel by resetting the zero stop. Unless something is seriously out of true with your action, you might have a case of operator error here. The PH 5-25 is supposed to have 96 moa of total internal elevation travel, or 47 moa up or down from mechanical zero. Your turrets are double turn turrets to get to the max elevation travel. 0 is at bottom and one turn up from 0 is about 23 moa up.

Re: SPUHR mount and Premier Heritage advice requested

m1match - that may be it, in fact - I never reset the zero stop...

I'll try that - thanks!