• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr mount for Tikka T3x CTR

scubapro187

Chew
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2008
Helena, MT
How much of a gap will I end up with if I use the lowest Spur 20moa mount on my rifle?

I'm looking to mount a PST gen ii 5x25-50. The lowest mount is 1.18" high. I'm thinking if I go with this mount I can avoid removing the factory installed base that I've read is a pain to remove.

I really just don't want to end up with a huge gap between my barrel and scope. Any advice?

Also worth noting SPUHR's Sako mount fits directly onto the Tikka action without the need for a picatinny rail. In case you want to direct mount the SPUHR, in this case I'd suggest getting a SPUHR mount at least 1/4" taller since you'll be missing that much from the Pic rail.

Also worth noting SPUHR's Sako mount fits directly onto the Tikka action without the need for a picatinny rail. In case you want to direct mount the SPUHR, in this case I'd suggest getting a SPUHR mount at least 1/4" taller since you'll be missing that much from the Pic rail.

I didn't know that, I think I want to keep the pic rail. I'm picking up a second CTR in 308 and will share the scope between the two rifles.

Have you considered using Nightforces A190 30mm Uni-Mount 20 MOA only 1.125" High. Plus you save $200. compared to the fine Spuhr mount.... The Nightforce offering is no slouch...

Have you considered using Nightforces A190 30mm Uni-Mount 20 MOA only 1.125" High. Plus you save $200. compared to the fine Spuhr mount.... The Nightforce offering is no slouch...

To be honest I didn't know they offered one. I'm just getting back into shooting after taking some time off. It seems the industry has changed a great deal.