• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SPUHR mount question

kujuak

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Looking at my SPUHR mount, my first. The upper rings are different, one marked A-40 and A-41. They are different the A-42 has 4 extra holes. I assume these are for attaching things to the mount. Does that ring go in the front or the back? Rationale for placement.

Thanks!

Looking at my SPUHR mount, my first. The upper rings are different, one marked A-40 and A-41. They are different the A-42 has 4 extra holes. I assume these are for attaching things to the mount. Does that ring go in the front or the back? Rationale for placement.

Thanks!

I run the one with the extra holes up front, but it really depends on what you plan to use the mounting points for. If you have no preference either way, then just throw them wherever.

Thanks! Looking at pics on the net that was the idea I was getting.I have been using Canadian made Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply rings before ( 2 screws per ring) on my big scope rifles and been quite happy with them. Bought the Spuhr on a whim.

Yup, I have two and run one "frontwards" and one "backwards" :)

In theory the mounting screws are on the right side of the rifle ...

45687493534_a04b3cca66_h.jpg

Reactions: kujuak and MSTN