• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr Mount Torque Specs

Dark Horse

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Albany, NY
Anyone know the torque specs for the Spuhr mount rings and base screws? Mount came with zero paperwork...no dimensional drawing, specs or instructions.

Beautiful and well-thought mount but should have come with something other than foam popcorn and a receipt.

Rifle is a TRG-42 if that matters.

Reactions: 20ozjolt
Re: Spuhr Mount Torque Specs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dark Horse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know the torque specs for the Spuhr mount rings and base screws? Mount came with zero paperwork...no dimensional drawing, specs or instructions.

Beautiful and well-thought mount but should have come with something other than foam popcorn and a receipt.

Rifle is a TRG-42 if that matters. </div></div>
I too just received a Spuhr for my new TRG-22. It is an awesome mount, but some instructions/paperwork would be a nice addition. Now if my S&B PMII 5-25x would arrive, my setup will be complete...

Re: Spuhr Mount Torque Specs

I recieved my sp-3601 to mount on my P-308, no instructions or anything, went to mount and the mounting screws wouldn't clear the slots in my rail*&%@% Tried on (3) different rifles.Seen enough and sent back UPS today NICE mount but for the money I would expect better that that. My N/F mounts fit like a glove. Win some loose some.
frown.gif

per Spuhr "When it comes to Torque the teoretical value for the screws used are 20 inchpounds for the rings and 50 inchpounds for the sidescrews. That is the torque I used, seemed to work fine. I emailed him when I got mine with same question. Here is link to thread with the specs in it Sniper's Hide

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Is the above number still the value that people are going with??

Thanks

Cant remember but if you go to the website there is a pdf of the instruction manual you can download.