• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SPUHR Mounts and ring size reducers

vman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Australia
www.google.com
Hi guys

Just curious to see if anyone has successfully gone from a 34mm SPUHR mount to 30mm, via the use of ring reducers/spacers.

I know that Badger make them, and SPUHR have mentioned them in one of their product guides, but I have never seen anyone sell them.

I would love to buy a SPUHR in 34mm but utilise one of my NXS scopes in this mount. Eventually the NXS will be replaced by an ATACR or BEAST when the funding arrives.

cheers

I know this is an ancient thread, but in the last 5 years, has anyone found a solution to the problem the OP posted?
I have a number of spurs on different guns and it would be nice to add some versatility and be able to swap 34mm and 30mm scopes out with ease.

I know this is an ancient thread, but in the last 5 years, has anyone found a solution to the problem the OP posted?
I have a number of spurs on different guns and it would be nice to add some versatility and be able to swap 34mm and 30mm scopes out with ease.
Don't know if this qualifies as "ease", but seems simple enough for me if I were looking to swap b/w 34 and 30 mm.
https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-a-0030-30mm-top-rear/
https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-a-0031-30mm-top-front/

I bought a set of cheap blemished MPI, MFI or something steel 34mm rings with aluminum 30mm reducers.

The rings aren't all that but the reducers seem fine and it was cheaper than buying reducers from Badger or elsewhere.

Just be careful with the width, the reducers are flanged so they won't fit wider rings. I'm not sure how wide Spuhr is...

Neither of those would work since they will only change the diameter of the top half of the ring. The main portion of the ring would remain 34mm.
Got confused with the Larue mount, second guessed that it would work the same way. I'll blame it on being Monday.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut